Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buy fluorescent paint in dublin?

• 24-07-2008 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

hoi, i'm going to a dance party, and i was wondering did any one know where you can buy fluorescent face paints, or uv paint in dublin? i asked around in a few arts and hobbie shops, but they just laughed at me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Hmmm not too sure tbh, a joke shop maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dreamr

yea the only joke shop i know is the one on south kings street.. i'll try there today.. but i think my friend already tried it... i wonder if ann summers or some shop like that would have anything like that...

Might do... there's a joke shop beside Stephen's Green shopping centre isn't there?? Did you google it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dreamr

i did google it, but nothing really came up. it was all places in england that were selling it. like all i want is either floresent or uv paint... you'd think it woul dbe easier to find! lol

thanks steve-o

Try flicking back through the pages in After Hours, there was a thread about UV body paint not that long ago, maybe there are a few answers in there!

EDIT: just realised that thread was moved to the Dublin City forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Try the railway stations, isnt that where delboy nicked that flourescent paint from?
    They use it for painting inside tunnels :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Just mix uranium with every colour normal pant, that should work....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Try the arts and crafts shop in Jervis. Actually, my ex used to work there, I'll ask her later.

Also there's the hobby shop type place, just down the road from the Ha'penny Bridge going away from Temple Bar, on the left just before you get to the Luas tracks. Again, I don't know if they'd have it, but I would guess they might know where you can get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mirror wrote: »
    Try the arts and crafts shop in Jervis. Actually, my ex used to work there, I'll ask her later.
    Bad move Mirror. It's a bad idea at the best of times to ring up an ex, but ringing one up to ask about flourescent paint is a complete no no. Let the OP sort this pickle out himself. It's not worth you getting involved, she'll think you want to marry her.

Pighead wrote: »
    Bad move Mirror. It's a bad idea at the best of times to ring up an ex, but ringing one up to ask about flourescent paint is a complete no no. Let the OP sort this pickle out himself. It's not worth you getting involved, she'll think you want to marry her.

Or paint her... either way it'll end in failure!

• Advertisement

While I always value your wise words Pighead, this little story I have is merely an excuse to contact her, little vixen that she is, in an attempt to get her out for drinks. This night would hopefully end in passionate, elbowy, drunk sex. This would make me happy, and I would no longer feel the need to hunt down my lady driver friend from the interweb for said passionate, elbowy sex.

Marriage is right out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mirror wrote: »
    While I always value your wise words Pighead, this little story I have is merely an excuse to contact her, little vixen that she is, in an attempt to get her out for drinks. This night would hopefully end in passionate, elbowy, drunk sex. This would make me happy, and I would no longer feel the need to hunt down my lady driver friend from the interweb for said passionate, elbowy sex.

Marriage is right out though.
    Again Mirror, may Pighead be so bold as to say, bad bad idea. There's a reason she's an ex. There's something about you or her that was annoying and that probably hasn't changed. Pigheads not here to query who was in the wrong when it came to the break up.

It could have been one of a number of things, your rhythm, her back hairs, your sock gloves. Who knows. What Pighead does know however is that it's never a good idea to return for seconds. NEVER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

@ Mirror, is your signature supposed to spell 'moob' at the start of it?

Again Mirror, may Pighead be so bold as to say, bad bad idea. There's a reason she's an ex. There's something about you or her that was annoying and that probably hasn't changed. Pigheads not here to query who was in the wrong when it came to the break up.

It could have been one of a number of things, your rhythm, her back hairs, your sock gloves. Who knows. What Pighead does know however is that it's never a good idea to return for seconds. NEVER.
    You make valid points. I concede, you are worldly beyond your years! Thank you Pighead, for showing me the error of my ways.

@ Mirror, is your signature supposed to spell 'moob' at the start of it?
    Very well spotted RefulgentGnomon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

OP: Post in the Dublin fora if your question remains unasnwerd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement