Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Shoulder?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

My ex carries her bag over her left shoulder and is a rightie. i always used to make her switch though cos i wanted to put my right arm around her.. my stronger arm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Peared wrote: »
    With all due respect an all...

I can see why the boys slag us when stuff like this comes up and gets discussed.

I lolled to myself, so I did.

Anyways, I mostly carry bags in the crook of my arm, is that the right word? The other side of my elbow.

Am I a alone?
    Yeah I haven't a clue which shoulder I wear my bag on - whatever one suits at a given moment I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

right handed, but wear it on the left, as the strap is long and it can go across my body and rest at my right hip. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i carry my rucksack on both shoulders:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Your telling me if I do a search Rigger, I definitely wont find a which side thread in BGRH?

wasnt there a what side do you dress on thread at one point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lainey84

I'm the same.....because I copied the other children in school when I was trying to figure out how to write.
    I can't distinguish left from right at all now. Which is amusing when your trying to find your way home in a taxi.

you are not alone i dont know my right from my left either how embarrassing!!
    i look at what hand my claddagh is on thats my left!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

I'm ambidextrous and can't vote in the poll :(

I wear mine usually on right shoulder but sometime I feel unbalanced and have to wear it on the left one.

BTW, what a lovely little non-thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

lainey84 wrote: »
    you are not alone i dont know my right from my left either how embarrassing!!
    i look at what hand my claddagh is on thats my left!!!!
    :eek: I sincerely hope it's not your ring finger?! You do know that wearing a ring which isn't an engagement or wedding ring on the ring finger of your left hand will result in your spontaneous combustion...! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Left handed, left shoulder. Get all clumsy and confused if I have something in my left hand and need to pick up the bag with the right hand. And find it near impossible to put a rucksack on my back with the right side first.
    On an aside, I wear my watch on my right wrist cos I can only fasten it with my left hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

On the handle of the pram.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Thank god you ladies have this place to discuss your pressing issues.

:)

LMFAO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

Right handed and left shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Right handed and right shoulder!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

rain on wrote: »
    I'm left-handed for writing but right-handed for most other things.. my left hand is better for things that require manual dexterity, but my right hand is better in terms of strength..

that's me exactly !!

I actually had to get up and pick up the bag to check what I do
    Right shoulder if carrying on shoulder but 99% of the time I wear it across my body so strap is on the left shoulder but bag is on the right - if u get me :)

But... if I'm getting something out of it, i will ALWAYS use my left hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

jw297 wrote: »
    Left handed, left shoulder. Get all clumsy and confused if I have something in my left hand and need to pick up the bag with the right hand. And find it near impossible to put a rucksack on my back with the right side first.
    On an aside, I wear my watch on my right wrist cos I can only fasten it with my left hand.

Me too. I'm very very left handed and orientated. I find it very difficult to coordinate most things using my right hand to the extent that when I'm on the phone I have to hold it up to my left ear, I cannot concentrate fully on the conversation if I have the handset to my right ear. Is this weird?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I don't think my bag would stay on my left shoulder, I just can't keep it there! Always the right shoulder for me

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

kizzyr wrote: »
    Me too. I'm very very left handed and orientated. I find it very difficult to coordinate most things using my right hand to the extent that when I'm on the phone I have to hold it up to my left ear, I cannot concentrate fully on the conversation if I have the handset to my right ear. Is this weird?

nope.. not to me anyway.. ,I'm right handed , and I can hold a phone to my right ear, but dosent feel right.., so hold it with left hand to left ear, same with a bag on my right shoulder, cant have it there for any length of time at all.

dunno why, suppose at some stage, everyone "trains" themselves to do something one way or the other, and it sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm the same.....because I copied the other children in school when I was trying to figure out how to write.
    I can't distinguish left from right at all now. Which is amusing when your trying to find your way home in a taxi.

When you look at the back of your hands and straighten your fingers, your left hand makes an L, your right hand doesn't. I can't remember any other way.

Right handed, but handbag is always on my left shoulder. I wear my watch on my left wrist too. I tend to favour my left hand over my right unless I'm actually writing. Dunno why.

bealbocht wrote: »
    nope.. not to me anyway.. ,I'm right handed , and I can hold a phone to my right ear, but dosent feel right.., so hold it with left hand to left ear, same with a bag on my right shoulder, cant have it there for any length of time at all.

dunno why, suppose at some stage, everyone "trains" themselves to do something one way or the other, and it sticks.

A certain amount of training yes but I am a very left leftie. Even the way I organise things on my desk at work or at home looks back to front to other people. My niece is showing strong signs of being the sames (she has just turned 2) so I think a lot of it is naturally within a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

kizzyr wrote: »
    A certain amount of training yes but I am a very left leftie. Even the way I organise things on my desk at work or at home looks back to front to other people. My niece is showing strong signs of being the sames (she has just turned 2) so I think a lot of it is naturally within a person.

if you are left handed(which would be naturally within a person), it would be normal to have your mouse and pen holder etc, handy to your left hand. It would seem very odd to have your mouse on the left of the keyboard if you are right handed.

But then some people approach things from odd angles.. I have seen people writing (the thing with one of those pen yokes) , more or less turn the page 90 degrees and then seemingly write down the page.. (but it was still flat along the lines and usually more readable than my writing)

But sure, what does it all mean.. if anything...

• Advertisement

bealbocht wrote: »
    if you are left handed(which would be naturally within a person), it would be normal to have your mouse and pen holder etc, handy to your left hand. It would seem very odd to have your mouse on the left of the keyboard if you are right handed.

But then some people approach things from odd angles.. I have seen people writing (the thing with one of those pen yokes) , more or less turn the page 90 degrees and then seemingly write down the page.. (but it was still flat along the lines and usually more readable than my writing)

But sure, what does it all mean.. if anything...

I suppose we lefties do everything back to front for all the righties in the world. I think part of the reason that left handed people may look awkward when writing etc is that everything in the world is set up for right handed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

aw man, im a leftie, that's sorta learnt to work in a rightie world... like i write left handed, but do most things right handed, but play hurling left handed, but on my right side...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Right handed, right shouldered. Left feels like it would fall off.

aw man, im a leftie, that's sorta learnt to work in a rightie world... like i write left handed, but do most things right handed, but play hurling left handed, but on my right side...

do you butter toast with the knife in your left or right hand? If eating something with a spoon, is the spoon in left or right hand? I simply cannot get food on spoon to mouth without making a right mess if I use my right hand, cant butter toast, cut anything etc unless use left hand. ........poor poor me, a slave to the right handed world:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I always put my everyday handbag over my head with the strap on the right shoulder and the body of the bag towards the front on my left hand side. I never put a bag over one shoulder and just have it hanging on that side on the advice of an osteopath that I attended about 15 years ago.

Advertisement