Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldinho being unveiled at Milan - a bit OTT!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

ITs gonna be very interesting to see if they can revitalise his career. With one of the best training centers in the world, lets hope they can turn Ronnie back in to what he once was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

LOL!!

little bit over the top.thought it would be hard to top the second coming of Keegan but this takes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

LOL

I don't think Jesus would get such a ceremony if he floated down from the sky!

Dave! wrote: »
    LOL

I don't think Jesus would get such a ceremony if he floated down from the sky!

Not sure whether that kind of lauding is exactly what he needs or exactly what he doesn't need tbh.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Careful Neil, you're not allowed call them Meelan on here.

• Advertisement

Careful Neil, you're not allowed call them Meelan on here.

Cén fáth?!

edited anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Kinda reminds me of Beckham -> Madrid 5 years ago when his powers were slightly on the wane. And they went 4 years (was it?) without winning a trophy. Hmmm. Would be suprised to see a sustained Milan challenge for the Scudetto this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Not sure whether that kind of lauding is exactly what he needs or exactly what he doesn't need tbh.
    Indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nothing wrong witha bit of pomp and ceremony. The guy is a bone fidé superstar. Plus, I do not see what harm it can do for him. Perhaps it will make him see that he needs to live up to the greeting he received.

I reckon he will be a resounding success in Italy anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

wow thats insane!! how would all this make someone like Kaka feel exactly?? Im definitely leaving if i'm him.

Also such a shame that the barca team with him messi henry etoo xavi etc never hit the heights we all wanted to see them hit..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

They're using this as a morale booster for the club - persuading themselves with this transfer they are still one of the powerhouses of Europe, following a disappointing season last year. Perfectly understandable, and I don't see why anyone would think Kaka would take exception, he's not a nine year old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Nothing can come closeto the atmosphere around St. James upon the return of the King.

Sure it even got Anto and Deco excited

LOL :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

pfft just wait for the Darren Huckerby reception

pfft just wait for the Darren Huckerby reception

It'll be like the Superbowl halftime show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Speaking to a Milan fan who lives in the city said that it was the first time in Milans history that a new signing was introduced into the San Siro... Apparently it was free entry too. He was a little embarrassed by the reception, it was as if everybody believed they were signing the 04-06 Ronnie again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Jaysis that's something else! I tell ye what though, Ronnie with a bit of a jolt up the hole could potentially get back on form, which we'd all love to see.

I remember his second season especially at barca, I had sky sports, watched every single game and he was unreal. I think him and messi are two of a kind in terms of how they move with the ball. When they are dribbling it's like the ball is part of their anatomy and they seem to run more comfortably with it than without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

nipplenuts wrote: »
    They're using this as a morale booster for the club - persuading themselves with this transfer they are still one of the powerhouses of Europe, following a disappointing season last year. Perfectly understandable, and I don't see why anyone would think Kaka would take exception, he's not a nine year old!

hey. my comment refers to their experiences together at the national teaam. didnt kaka take ronnie's coveted number 10 jersey?? ronnie didnt like that one bit and to the best of my knowledge they never really played in the same team. so now if im kaka im off for similar reasons.

I could be wrong here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I can understand why they did it. A nice boost for the fans to give them a bit of excitment heading into the new season. Ronaldinho now feels loved after getting a full stadium for him just to walk out and may feel he has something to live up to know and develop the passion he once had for the game.

All in all a great idea from Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I can understand why they did it. A nice boost for the fans to give them a bit of excitment heading into the new season. Ronaldinho now feels loved after getting a full stadium for him just to walk out and may feel he has something to live up to know and develop the passion he once had for the game.

All in all a great idea from Milan.

+1

looked ridiculous from outside but it was a good morale boost for the team and the fans, as well as ronaldinho himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ronnie was superb against Celtic last season. If he could play like that consistently he'd be well worth the money. Pity Ronaldo got injured last season.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

mormank wrote: »
    hey. my comment refers to their experiences together at the national teaam. didnt kaka take ronnie's coveted number 10 jersey?? ronnie didnt like that one bit and to the best of my knowledge they never really played in the same team. so now if im kaka im off for similar reasons.

I could be wrong here...

Kaka was one on the main drivers behind Ronnie signing.

He'd been saying for months "I hope he signs, he's my mates, I'd love to play with him" tec...

And Ronnie saying things like "playing at Milan with Kaka will be a dream.

I think you're talking through your arse mate, on offense.

The person I know had this to say about it...

''I have to be honest and say I went - it was free. But it was a ridiculous spectacle, they set up a podium for him surrounded by samba dancers and guys doing tricks - (Ronaldinho did little himself), at the end there was a massive fireworks show. I have to say I was disappointed because I thought Flamini, Zambrotta, Borriello, Abbiati and all the returning youngsters would be there to, but it was just Ronaldinho. It confirmed for me that his signing was not about football and the squad, but marketing, PR, merchandising and Berlusconi propeganda... sad day to see it go as far as this, embaressing really.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

He looks a little portly there.

I wonder will he take to the Milan lab or the Milan nightclubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Little bit silly in all honesty but if Kaka and him do whats expected of them then they will be unstopable

Hahaha, R80...

More like R8.......... everything.

Advertisement