Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scraping / Junk Dealer

Options
  • 24-07-2008 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Have a '99 auto Mitz Colt I want to scrap ( pwo), as dont want the hassle of trying to sell it (damaged on wing). Does anyone know of a scrap yard around, Dublin / Meath? Would I get anything for it? or would he end up chardging me?:D

Cheers
    Gaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

It's less hassle to sell it. A scrappie will charge you for disposal. Put it in adverts/Buy and sell/on here for a nominal fee and it will sell fast enough. Especially if it has NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Is there still some garages offering a minimum amount that they give for trade ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

sicruise wrote: »
    Is there still some garages offering a minimum amount that they give for trade ins?

Not trading in as I have a '04 coupe and we're just going to drive the one car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

There's an end of life disposal scheme that all vehicle manufacturers have to be part of. Basically, each on them have to have nominated disposal centres that are certified to recycle the car at no cost to the owner.

Information on these centres is really hard to find, but if you contact Mitsubishi Motors Ireland, they'll tell you where the designated authorised treatment facility in your area is.

Here's an article in the Times about it from last year:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2007/0822/1187332289819.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A lot of car dismantlers will take the car off your hands for nothing and give you end of life certificate. Just ring and ask.
    http://www.localbusinesspages.ie/category.asp?category=Car%20Dismantlers

Put it for free on adverts.ie and someone might take it away for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

gaz wac wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Have a '99 auto Mitz Colt I want to scrap ( pwo), as dont want the hassle of trying to sell it (damaged on wing). Does anyone know of a scrap yard around, Dublin / Meath? Would I get anything for it? or would he end up chardging me?:D

Cheers
    Gaz

I know it probably seems like hassle but if I was you I'd put it up on carzone for a couple of weeks. If it's still running you'll get few hundred for it.

Advertisement