Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plastering and Block laying

• 24-07-2008 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi All,
    whats the difference between Plastering sand and Block laying sand ?
    can Plastering sand be used for block laying?

is there a sand suitable for both?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Plastering sand is usually doubly washed river sand, gets any fine dust or soil out which would lead to a 'powdered' effect on the plaster/render. Plaster sand can be used for block laying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Plastering sand is grey in my part of the world and block sand is red.

Plastering sand can be used for block laying but the blocklayer won't thank you, as some plastering sand can be difficult to work with. Can be more expensive too.

I used plastering sand with tradition lime, its great for pointing old stone buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 behan_a

thanks for the replies.
    the reason I was asking is I got a load of sand and the driver said it is suitable for both block work and plastering. I was wondering is there such a thing.

Advertisement