Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominic Smith Electrical

Options
  • 24-07-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about Dominic Smith Electrical in Gorey? I am thinking of buying some kitchen appliances from them. They seem professional and their prices look good. Has anybody any experiences with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Bought a Bosch washing machine there last year. I thought they were very well set up, their price was actually lower than Power City and DID. It was delivered within 24 hours and the old one taken away, no fuss. They only seem to deal in the brand name stuff, Bosch, Zanussi, Hotpoint etc. so no bargain basement goods. I was also pricing a Miele vacuum cleaner recently and again it was cheaper than Power City. So at least on the shopping end of things I would recommend them but I have no experience of their after sales service and that's where they would sink or swim in my estimation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭secman

If you are trying Dominic Smith, also try the new shop facing New Dunnes stores, just beside 4 Home, big range on display in there, probably more variety than Smiths. its literally 2 min walk from shop to shop, if even that.

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

bmaxi wrote: »
    Bought a Bosch washing machine there last year. I thought they were very well set up, their price was actually lower than Power City and DID. It was delivered within 24 hours and the old one taken away, no fuss. They only seem to deal in the brand name stuff, Bosch, Zanussi, Hotpoint etc. so no bargain basement goods. I was also pricing a Miele vacuum cleaner recently and again it was cheaper than Power City. So at least on the shopping end of things I would recommend them but I have no experience of their after sales service and that's where they would sink or swim in my estimation.

Just to update, I had a small problem with my washing machine last week and called to Dominic Smith. This was Friday afternoon and the engineer arrived on Monday morning to sort it. Not only that but I had a call from D.S. a couple of days later to see if the matter had been settled to my satisfaction. So credit where it is due and full marks to Dominic Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dreambiz

I've used Dominic Smith to kit out three full houses. I've not found better prices or service anywhere in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

I bought all my appliances from them. I couldn't find better prices and Dominic is very nice and always ready to negotiate a special deal. I had no problems with the delivery, they actually had to kept my stuff for a couple of months, because the house was not ready, and that was no problem for them. I couldn't recommend them enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aidancoughlan

I called Dominic Smith for a bunch of applicances for a new kitchen recently (recommended to me by a kitchen guy). I gave him a list of models (mostly NEFF, Bosch, Siemens appliances) and asked him to quote. (I had priced these at appliancesdirect.co.uk).

Called me back himself to discuss it personally. He substituted the dishwasher/washing machine because he didn't have the models I asked for, but the substitues came up higher-priced on the uk website, so are probably better models. He seemd very knowledgable on all the models, and told us which ones were being more heavily discounted at the moment to help meet our budget.

The whole price came in very competitive with the UK (less than €100 more), with some better models in there.... and he gave us alternative options for each that would make a saving of several hundred € overall.

Goods have only just been ordered, but all-in-all so far I get the feeling that this is a very professional small operation competing aggressively with the big boys. We've had a question arise over our kitchen design relating to the extractor hood, and they say no problem, they will work with whatever turns up (even though order already places). We need more of this service to help get us out of recession !

Advertisement