Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying From America

Options
  • 24-07-2008 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Is there a way I can buy from american websites that only accept american credit cards.

Also what about amazon.com. Can I shop from them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Amazon.com will prob refer you to co.uk when they see your IP.
    A lot of US sites will not ship abroad.
    Most/all credit cards work in US. You only have Laser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Amazon.com accept orders from pretty much anywhere. Orders over about 40euro in value (including shipping) will be liable for VAT when you receive it.

If a website only accepts US issued cards, then you'll need a US issued card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Amazon.com definitely ship to Ireland. I always use this site rather than .co.uk as it seems to work out a bit cheaper.

I have never come across a site demanding an American issued card. As far as I know, if they ship to Ireland then it doesn't matter where your card is issued. Unfortunately, a lot of US sites don't ship to Ireland.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,998 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There are companies that will buy stuff from US websites and ship international to you for an extra charge. No idea what they are called but there have been a good few threads here about them, do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

You can use a personal shopper service that will accept delivery in US for you then forward it on, there are a few I think if you google it, the one I use is called the US Buyers Club and I find it fairly straight forward - not sure if I can post a link don't want to get banned !- PM me might be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please check on the age of a thread before responding. As this thread is approx 3.5 years old, I am closing it.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement