Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin bus at it again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I don't blame Swords Express or DB. It seems to me that the DOT is inept. There's scope and business there for both operators and people will get out of their cars if there is a proper system. Those "One Small Step" ads that we had last year were a joke. They were trying to get you to leave your car behind. No probs there but how about the DOT gets the finger out and approves or rejects licenses a bit quicker so that the public have alternative to cars. Swords Express should not be waiting on a response since Feb this year. Maybe it's a much harder job than I think but approving / denying a bus route shouldn't take so long.

Of course it shouldn't take that long. Why am I paying taxes for these idiots to sit in their office all year waiting to make a decision that is clear cut?

Is there something we can do about this, as the local elections are on next year? The Government department won't listen to people on this but plenty of politicians will be around knocking on doors in the next 7 months. Everybody affected by this issue should give the local candidates an ultimatum to sort this out individually or collectively.

Advertisement