Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL Problems....again

Options
  • 24-07-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Anyone having problems with Eircom DSL and the resellers today?

Seems like the upload speeds are terrible. We use RDP and desktop streaming in work and it's unusable at the moment. Both lines are the same.

We've had a lot of people around the area complain about it. Could be similar to the last time where a lot of the south east were effected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

there is massive dsl upgrades happening at the moment over this weekend.
    ( read the thread below about it) Obviously there is something there thats causing it. Wait till monday it should be fine. All resellers of eircom will be affected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Shamo wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with Eircom DSL and the resellers today?

Seems like the upload speeds are terrible. We use RDP and desktop streaming in work and it's unusable at the moment. Both lines are the same.

We've had a lot of people around the area complain about it. Could be similar to the last time where a lot of the south east were effected?
    Might be unrelated but last night at around 12-1am i was geting woeful service from Eircom. Pings were as high as 700 to speedtest.net and dl speeds were down around 300kbps! My line stats hadn't changed so it must have been a problem on Eircom's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

Problem is with our local exchange apparently and they're aware of it.

Just because they're doing upgrades over the weekend doesn't mean they can screw up business lines during work hours but I don't think it's related to that anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

give them a ring ask to speak to a manager as the majority of there "Helpdesk" staff arent too good from my experience. They`ll put you onto a manager just tell them your a buisness user! No harm in calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DirksDiggler

Eircom BB is terrible at my place and Esat BB is equally poor at my folks house (both new ross, co. wexford) since yesterday lunchtime. Seems pretty poor today too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement