Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reading hit the motherload

• 24-07-2008 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Not one but two Hunts! Noel has signed from the Scottish wastelands to play in the erm Championship wastelands ;) Can a league cope with two Hunts or will Stephen be gone to the likes of Sundireland by September?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fair play to him. Good move IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

a right pair of hunts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I think he should've held out for a bigger move. He's been the top striker in Scotland outside the Old Firm for the last two seasons. He's come on leaps and bounds since he switched to Dundee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

what about Mike and Isaac?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I think he should've held out for a bigger move. He's been the top striker in Scotland outside the Old Firm for the last two seasons. He's come on leaps and bounds since he switched to Dundee.

Dundee Utd you mean, different club. :P

+1 though. Reading is hardly a huge step up.

Shame Utd couldn't hold onto him. 18 goals last season, he's just what they need. I liked watching Utd last season with him and Flood among the ranks. Reading got a bargain there if the figures are to be believed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't know. I haven't seen anything in him to say he's premiership standard. Good move for him imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Yeah, £600,000 looks to be good business, given that Scott McDonald was in a similar position before his move to Celtic and has attracted Premiership interest of late.

Whatever about a Premiership move, I'm surprised there wasn't more firm Celtic or other Championship interest that would surely have seen the price jump to £1million.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I also think that Stephen Hunt would be a brilliant addition to most Premiership sides. However, if Kevin Doyle were to stay in the Championship and bang in 20 goals, that would be a better move than to a club like Fulham, Sunderland et al, where he would fail to pass the 10 goal threshold and thus wouldn't regain the confidence he needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Ekels wrote: »
    I also think that Stephen Hunt would be a brilliant addition to most Premiership sides. However, if Kevin Doyle were to stay in the Championship and bang in 20 goals, that would be a better move than to a club like Fulham, Sunderland et al, where he would fail to pass the 10 goal threshold and thus wouldn't regain the confidence he needs.

Are you saying that it'd be better for Doyle to play in the Championship next season over the Premiership?! He can do it at the top level and a players career is a short one...he needs to play in the Premiership next season in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nunu wrote: »
    Are you saying that it'd be better for Doyle to play in the Championship next season over the Premiership?! He can do it at the top level and a players career is a short one...he needs to play in the Premiership next season in my opinion.

Thats true, but only at the right club. A decent mid table side would be perfect, but if he were to end up at a relegation battling club, who don't have the players to produce chances for him and who just get battered weak after weak then he'd probably just be better off at a top Champ team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Most importantly, €€€ for Rovers.:cool:

But genuine good luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Reading won't be a championship after this season, i think they will come straight back up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think Stephen Hunt is overrated,guts and determination will only get you so far at the top of the game.I think he has found his natural level now in the championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Dub13 wrote: »
    I think Stephen Hunt is overrated,guts and determination will only get you so far at the top of the game.I think he has found his natural level now in the championship.

nah, i think given the lack of decent left wingers in the English game these days i think he'd be quite a good buy for a few clubs in the prem.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

nah, i think given the lack of decent left wingers in the English game these days i think he'd be quite a good buy for a few clubs in the prem.

If a club at the bottom of the PL could get him for cheap maybe it would be worth while.

Advertisement