Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in KK for next week!!

Options
  • 24-07-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm hosting a fellow couchsurfer in Kk next week - she arrives on Sunday. She's basically free at weekends and evenings as she's an au pair during the day. I got excited coz of Arts Week and thought there would be plenty to do - however, that's not til the week after. So, does anyone have any idea what I can plan with this traveller starting from this Sunday 27th July until the bank holiday weekend??

She's mentioned being up for anything and really enjoys walking and meeting people!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Hi guys,

I'm hosting a fellow couchsurfer in Kk next week - she arrives on Sunday. She's basically free at weekends and evenings as she's an au pair during the day. I got excited coz of Arts Week and thought there would be plenty to do - however, that's not til the week after. So, does anyone have any idea what I can plan with this traveller starting from this Sunday 27th July until the bank holiday weekend??

She's mentioned being up for anything and really enjoys walking and meeting people!!

well the castle park is one of the nicer places. an idea and i dont know if your allowed would be have a picnic there :P, though again im not sure if they allow that sort of thing i know when we went to play tag rugby there we had to go all the way down the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

also cinema! batmans out from tomorrow she may or may not like batman either way you'll get to see what should be a brillant film (i hope)/theres always mama mia if she really wants to!

& another idea - is she 18? take her out one night monday nights matt the millers is the place most people go as theyve a v good band but i really like ryans pub as well check out if theyve any bands on during the week might be some good interesting ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭smellybiker

well the castle park is one of the nicer places. an idea and i dont know if your allowed would be have a picnic there :P, though again im not sure if they allow that sort of thing i know when we went to play tag rugby there we had to go all the way down the back.

Yeah park is def a must - she's seen the castle before but maybe we could go for a walk around the grounds - ducks always need feeding afterall!! any other suggestions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mason Fairbanks

hmmm things to do in Kilkenny when your dead.....or bored...tricky one cos there aint much. You mentioned she is an Au Pair, is she foreign? if so, maybe try the pumphouse on a wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

hmmm things to do in Kilkenny when your dead.....or bored...tricky one cos there aint much. You mentioned she is an Au Pair, is she foreign? if so, maybe try the pumphouse on a wednesday night.
    Bring her to whispers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

how about Dunmore caves, Kells priory well wort a walk around, Jenkinstown park bring some appels and feed the deer, new park fen nice walk too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭smellybiker

she's canadian and working as an au pair in norway so pumphouse on weds night is def a must as i know fellow couch surfers will be there too. jenkinstown, dunmore caves --- all good examples but don't have transport to get to these places so i'm restricted in my options coz can only consider stuff in kk city (or town or wotever we are at present).

so, i've got the park, pumphouse, cinema......anything else guys???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

St. Canice's round tower? It's pretty amazing stuff at the top but you have to overcome some nerves going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Any good performances on in the local theater? I am sure there are some productions currently showing. Would be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

There's the driving range near the Newpark Fen or the Par 3 up at Pococke if you're desperate (and you'd want to be if you're resorting to golf :p). You can hire clubs there - don't think it's that expensive. There's historical stuff in Rothe House.

If she's into walking, the Tyndall Walking Group goes walking on Sundays
    056 7770241

• Advertisement
Advertisement