Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight!

Options
  • 24-07-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Who's going to see it? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

:D

We are!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Though this isn't Sligo related unless we point out that it's showing at the Gaiety Cinema tonight:

1:50
    9:40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Seeing it today :D Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Got tickets for the 9.40pm screening last night!!! Cant Wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Xiney wrote: »
    Though this isn't Sligo related unless we point out that it's showing at the Gaiety Cinema tonight:

1:50
    9:40

Oh they're showing it during the day too! (I had no thanks left! :D)

I think I'm going to wait a week or 2 and go when the cinema won't be so packed. I hate when it's pack, it's too hot and you can't breathe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

takola wrote: »
    I think I'm going to wait a week or 2 and go when the cinema won't be so packed. I hate when it's pack, it's too hot and you can't breathe.
    QFT, there's usually loads of kids talking through the movies so I may wait a few days myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

QFT, there's usually loads of kids talking through the movies so I may wait a few days myself...

I'd invite you along with me Hail, but considering who you were mingling with last weekend I'm afraid I might not be able to stoop to your expectations! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Going to the 7PM... cannot wait!!!

Watched 'Batman Begins' last night so it's fresh in my mind!

batman_smiley_32.gif

basquille wrote: »

batman_smiley_32.gif

Yep, I did exactly the same! Im going at 9.4ppm, so hopefully most of the noisy kids will be in bed by then!!

I wonder will the Gaiety put on some sort of function type thing.. like they did with SATC?? Here's hoping.

I actually won tickets to the premiere in Dublin on Tuesday, but couldn't go!

So I've to settle for the Gaiety! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

takola wrote: »
    I'd invite you along with me Hail, but considering who you were mingling with last weekend I'm afraid I might not be able to stoop to your expectations! :p

You're only half the woman she is!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Can't wait can't wait can't wait!Probably going next week, I'm down in Galway sorting accommodation today. going to be bringing my 12 yo cousin I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Does anyone know for friday night would one have to book tickets for the 9.40 one???? or just turn up at like 9.25 ???

Does anyone know for friday night would one have to book tickets for the 9.40 one???? or just turn up at like 9.25 ???
    Tough to know.. girlfriend bought our tickets for it last Friday (God bless that Toucan discount - €6 each!). I was sure all tickets would be gone for Thursday by now, but seeing that a mate of mine and Cypresstree bought tickets yesterday without problem - who knows?

But a Friday night would be busier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

basquille wrote: »

batman_smiley_32.gif
    Yep, I did exactly the same!
    Same here. My appetite has been suitably whetted for tonight's entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i seen it earlier. not a kid in sight, apart from a family who went in accidently at the start

Yep, just home from it. No kids in the 7pm showing.. in fact it was probably only half full. But the screening for 9.40 was much busier.

Screenings were delayed in the Gaiety this evening anyways.. the 7pm screening started at 7.15, so met Xiney and YeatsCounty in the massive queue awaiting entry to the 9.40 screening. That probably started closed to 10.

Absolutely fantastic film... Ledger definitely deserves a Best Supporting Actor Oscar next year - he really did make the performance his own and was one of the most enjoyable characters to watch on screen in years.

More of my opinion over at the 'The Dark Knight' - seen thread - spoilers within!

Can't recommend it enough!!

I went to the 9.40pm show, it was wedged!! It started about 25mins late, but was brilliant!!

I couldnt believe the time when we got out, but I didnt find it passing during the film!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Does anyone know which screen in the Gaiety is the biggest? Also I know what a few of the rooms are digital but not sure which ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

hey guys have no tickets but wanna know which will i have the best chance of getting into? the 5.00 , 6.30, 8.00, 9.30 or 11.15??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'm guessing the 5 or 11.30 ?

Advertisement