Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 year old loberster saved from the pot!.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mairt wrote: »

Great to see a creature who lives to this age saved from pot.

I can't see your link but I don't think lobsters have the same concept of age as we do. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Hopefully he will get saved, it horrible how they kill them.....those kids are so annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Some people have way to mush time on their hands.

Why do you bother visiting and replying in an animal welfare forum when you disagree with most of the peoples views on here? I think YOU have too much time on your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

kerrysgold wrote: »
    Why do you bother visiting and replying in an animal welfare forum when you disagree with most of the peoples views on here? I think YOU have too much time on your hands.

In fairness to togster, he has a point in this case. Is it ok to boil a younger Lobster alive? At what age does it become cruel? At what age should the Lobster be spared because of its' age?

I'm a conservationist and spend both my working day and free time protecting our wildlife but saving a Lobster because of age is going too far. Do I throw back a fine mature Trout because it's managed to live long enough to be that size? Like shot I do!

A 100 year old Lobster will probably be stringy and tough anyway. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

It is horrible how there cooked in fairness!
    if there killed before cooking the only difference is the colour is not as nice, i think thats worth putting them through the boiling to death.

and people like a story of hope, whats wrong with letting this 1 creature go just to make people happy?

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I hope it gets a centennial birthday card from George Bush :D

Just for the record, I don't agree with it at any age but if this fella has a chance of living because of his age then so what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

as long as it is done in a humane way. not cooking it alive but by driving a sharp pointed knife hrough its head 1 second be4 it is put in the pot. have done this many times and it tastes and looks the same as when it is cooked alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Surely its meat would be too stringy

Stick it in an aquarium and let it be an attraction there. Releasing it won't ensure it will not be caught again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Surely its meat would be too stringy
    I'm not sure that applies to fish or shellfish, just land mammals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Don't see the point in keeping him in a tank, I would id tag him and set him free if the plan was to keep him alive. After that many years of living a free life ending his days in a tank would be pretty miserable.

However it's the younger lobsters and fish that should be thrown back.

My oul lad cooks them regularly (chef) and I never like the way they kill them it's horrible. Ok it's quick but not quick enough ie boiling method. The knife way is more humane in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tescos sell frozen lobster, I think they're born like that too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

kerrysgold wrote: »

I thought i posted on this thread while it was in AH?

Anyways KG settle down.

My original point stands, there's nothing wrong with killing and eating a lobster.

Advertisement