Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long would €440m worth of coke last us?

• 24-07-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious to know how long it would take the nation to use up 440m worth of coke, would it last a weekend if we all had a little dibble?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's bad for your teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How much is a line? €10? So with 4 million of us, we'd get 11 lines each. What would that be? A heavy day? A full weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just curious to know how long it would take the nation to use up 440m worth of coke, would it last a weekend if we all had a little dibble?
    It is not 440 million worth of coke, this figure has been blown away out of preportion by the authorities, In reality it is probably less than 40 million worth. Just as 5000 pills can be bought for about 5k cash yet when the cops get their hands on them they suddenly become e50,000 worth.

Anyone buying 5000 pills is buying them to sell on. They'd easily be marked up to €10 a pop. Therefore their "street value" is €50,000.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It is not 440 million worth of coke, this figure has been blown away out of preportion by the authorities, In reality it is probably less than 40 million worth. Just as 5000 pills can be bought for about 5k cash yet when the cops get their hands on them they suddenly become e50,000 worth.

Im getting my drugs off of you from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

it was €40m when it left Spain, then after a few hours in the Irish sea it was weighed again and valued at €440m :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

seamus wrote: »
    How much is a line? €10? So with 4 million of us, we'd get 11 lines each. What would that be? A heavy day? A full weekend?

According to Run to da Hills it's only €40m worth so you can divide your 11 lines by 10, that gives us 1 fat line each.....
    Looks like we wouldn't even make it to the pub before it's all gone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Thats assuming everyone was going to take a line.

Alot of people wouldn't touch the stuff due to its sudden death features so you would have a small numebr of people getting hundreds of lines instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmmm 440m worth of coke.... depends... just dont say coke with a south african accent or else !

Anyone buying 5000 pills is buying them to sell on. They'd easily be marked up to €10 a pop. Therefore their "street value" is €50,000.
    The "street value" of pills these days is e5 or less. making it 25000
    I believe 8 to 10 k is the rate for 5000 pills if they have to be "fronted". Most dealers operate this way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

He's right though, people I know know people who get 1000 pills for 1000 euro ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Depends if Katie French was there

... I'll get my coat

FunkZ wrote: »
    He's right though, people I know know people who get 1000 pills for 1000 euro ;)
    Thats a very good price for just 1000 and I would presume that this would be a cash up front deal only.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The Mods would likely go through that in a weekend, depending on the number of hookers involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

its not something you'd turn your nose up at....

no wait:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thats a very good price for just 1000 and I would presume that this would be a cash up front deal only.

Well the dealer is hardly gonna send an Invoice with an itemised bill inc. VAT after 28days now are they? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Depends is Katie French was there

... I'll get my coat

dammit beaten :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I would say it would last 2-4 weeks at the rate irish people shove that sh1t up their noses.

:D
    JohnCleary wrote: »
    Well the dealer is hardly gonna send an Invoice with an itemised bill inc. VAT after 28days now are they? :D
    I wouldn't like to be late with any repayments with some of these guys :eek:

Would you like to be seen wearing a wooden overcoat :D

Chief--- wrote: »
    I would say it would last 2-4 weeks at the rate irish people shove that sh1t up their noses.

You could double that with the amount of cr*p that would be added to the mixture.

• Advertisement

Wooden overcoat....sounds like a good invention. 100% Windproof, cheap to make, resistant to light weaponry, and a bouyancy aid to boot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Wooden overcoat....sounds like a good invention. 100% Windproof, cheap to make, resistant to light weaponry, and a bouyancy aid to boot.
    Wood?
    Wind proof?
    Sell that to them three little pigs mate cos I'm not buying it for my missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Maximilian wrote: »
    The Mods would likely go through that in a weekend, depending on the number of hookers involved.
    didnt know max moseley was a mod?? :confused:

Advertisement