Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

consolidating e5000 of debt

Options
  • 24-07-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

k so if finished my degree.. and got a sweet job. but i hav 2 overdrafts from 2 different banks, a maxed out credit card and some other debt.

i plan on paying it back over 18-24 months cause its not much of an issue, i could afford to pay of 120-150 a week but im thinkin more round 50-60 a week for now..

would a credit union loan be the best option? or a bank loan? does a credit union loan let me pay back bigger payments than in the contract?

thanks, i duno what to do bout this.. i've bad wit money so i want fixed payments to keep me on track.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Banks don't generally take on other banks debts. You might be better off applying for a loan based on your mandated salery (with which ever bank it comes into) and take it from there. I wouldn't imagine 5k would be such a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

turf wrote: »
    would a credit union loan be the best option? or a bank loan? does a credit union loan let me pay back bigger payments than in the contract?

If it's a variable rate loan you can pay back as much as you want at any time without being charged extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

well i'm in debt to the bank that its being paid into.. i dunno what to do. i found out you have to have money in the credit union to get a loan and i cant afford that.

i've a new predicament now anyway, i don't get paid for a month so i have no money for 4 weeks.. literally not a penny. its stressin me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

turf wrote: »
    well i'm in debt to the bank that its being paid into.. i dunno what to do. i found out you have to have money in the credit union to get a loan and i cant afford that.

i've a new predicament now anyway, i don't get paid for a month so i have no money for 4 weeks.. literally not a penny. its stressin me out.

Hey Turf, contact your local MABS office, they can offer you helpful assistance here.

W: http://mabs.ie
    Ph: 1890-283438

Advertisement