Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Amber on the Old Cork Road is 128.4 for unleaded and 119.9 for diesel at the moment....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

been using it a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

The Emo station on Clare street has diesel at 116.9 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

The Emo station on Clare street has diesel at 116.9 as well.

Is that the one at the very beginning of clare street as you come from abbey bridge/city centre?
    They seem to be keeping a cent behind the limerick diesel place up the road (havent tried it, loads of taxis always filling there though!)
    I always use the emo, trust them more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

phill106 wrote: »
    Is that the one at the very beginning of clare street as you come from abbey bridge/city centre?
    116.9 for diesel there yesterday afternoon. They seem to be keeping a cent behind the limerick diesel place up the road (havent tried it, loads of taxis always filling there though!)

You're right, just fixed it. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Amber on the Old Cork Road now have Petrol down to 126.7 and Diesel at 119.9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The Maxol at Singland is 126.9 for Unleaded now (both garages at either side in fact)

Topaz's on Ennis road now 140.9 for Petrol.

Shields Garage is 135.9- was 133 yesterday

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In what part of the city is Shields?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In what part of the city is Shields?

I think it is spelt Shiels and they are the Ford garage on the Ennis Road, half way between the Radison and the Connagh Cross Shopping Centre.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&biw=1916&bih=949&q=shiels%20ennis%20road&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Topaz in Raheen were selling their magical "distilled from the tears of virgin unicorns" petrol at the same price this morning as before the budget - 139.9.

Yes, Shiels sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Topaz on the Dock road is 140.9 for unleaded.

Topaz Raheen is 139.9 for Unleaded.

Maxol and Texaco in Raheen are both 137.9 for unleaded.

The service station at Singland motors was also 137.9 for unleaded if memory serves right, and there was a guy in the shop giving out that the last station he drove past coming in the Dublin road from Annacotty, I presume he was talking about Chawkes but did not pass that way myself, was 141.9 for unleaded.

I would guess that the service station on the Ballyneety road is still the cheapest station in and around the city as they were 128.9 for unleaded at the start of the week, and even if they added the full 4 cent per litre, it would put them at 132.9 now.

Cheapest in the county are most likely the last station on the left before Newcastlewest as you drive from Limerick to Ncw, and also the first station on the left after you enter NCW driving from the same direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I changed to diesel last week, not only is it cheaper I'm also getting an extra 200miles with a full tank as opposed to my old petrol avensis. I filled my tank up to the brim yesterday before the price hike in the EMO garage on Clare Street, €1.24.9/per litre. It's by far the cheapest in the city although I've heard quite a few complaints as to the quality of their petrol/diesel.

Anyone else hear anything or could it just be rumours started by other owners of filling stations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I changed to diesel last week, not only is it cheaper I'm also getting an extra 200miles with a full tank as opposed to my old petrol avensis. I filled my tank up to the brim yesterday before the price hike in the EMO garage on Clare Street, €1.24.9/per litre. It's by far the cheapest in the city although I've heard quite a few complaints as to the quality of their petrol/diesel.

Anyone else hear anything or could it just be rumours started by other owners of filling stations?

FYP ;)

I changed to diesel last week, not only is it slower I'm also getting an extra 200miles with a full tank as opposed to my old petrol avensis. I filled my tank up to the brim yesterday before the price hike in the EMO garage on Clare Street, €1.24.9/per litre. It's by far the cheapest in the city although I've heard quite a few complaints as to the quality of their petrol/diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Kess73 wrote: »
    I would guess that the service station on the Ballyneety road is still the cheapest station in and around the city as they were 128.9 for unleaded at the start of the week, and even if they added the full 4 cent per litre, it would put them at 132.9 now.

They were 130.9 yesterday morning, on they way home tonight they were 139.9....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I drive long distances and found their petrol didn't go as far as Topaz Thomondgate. I drive steady so there was no change in driving habit etc. Passed a station called Great Gas out beyond Corbally pass the apple green place on the righ and they were 132.9 per litre of petrol. Anyone use them? Quality? There was a sign at the shop there as I pulled in saying there petrol and diesel comes from whitegate refinery in Cork.

ABEasy wrote: »
    They were 130.9 yesterday morning, on they way home tonight they were 139.9....

wow that is a massive jump and quite unusual for them to be so dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

langdang wrote: »
    Topaz in Raheen were selling their magical "distilled from the tears of virgin unicorns" petrol at the same price this morning as before the budget - 139.9.
    Wahey, Topaz Raheen regains poll position - 1.44 for petrol, 1.41:eek: for diesel.
    Maxol = 1.43 for petrol, 1.35 for diesel.

On a side note, the boys must be rationing salt/grit in raheen dooradoyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

137.9 for unleaded in Texaco Roxboro

• Advertisement

langdang wrote: »
    Wahey, Topaz Raheen regains poll position - 1.44 for petrol, 1.41:eek: for diesel.
    Maxol = 1.43 for petrol, 1.35 for diesel.

On a side note, the boys must be rationing salt/grit in raheen dooradoyle.

And I bet you will still have numptys going in there filling up! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

11-12-2010. Apple green in Corbally=136.9. Great Gas further out that road=136.9. Maxol even further out that road=137.9.

11-12-2010. Apple green in Corbally=136.9. Great Gas further out that road=136.9. Maxol even further out that road=137.9.

Is that before or after the 5c off a litre off they run when a person buys a car wash when getting fuel?

Unfortunately Shiels has gone up to 139.

the 2 garages near UL at singland motors are now 137 each.

been to Dingle and back and the AMber on old Cork road is the cheapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Unfortunately Shiels has gone up to 139.

the 2 garages near UL at singland motors are now 137 each.

Is that Maxol beside Limerick Mobile Phone Centre and the new Supermacs and the Esso opposite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I suggest a name-change of this forum to "TODAYS LEAST EXPENSIVE PETROL THREAD".

I miss the days when petrol was comfortably cheaper than diesel.:(

Mc Love wrote: »
    been to Dingle and back and the AMber on old Cork road is the cheapest

If you went on the Newcastle West road on your way to Kerry yesterday, then you must not have been looking at the service stations that are 2c a litre cheaper than it in NCW, and if you took the N69 the station in Clarina is 1c a litre cheaper than it.

For anyone who m,ay be passing that way today, the station at Rourkes Cross just before Charleville has unleaded for 137.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Petrol should be no more than 1.21 at the pumps. That's with current scandalous excise duties and based on current petroleum barrel prices. We are being ripped off on a daily basis and nothing is being done. They have us over a barrell (no pun intended).

• Advertisement

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Is that Maxol beside Limerick Mobile Phone Centre and the new Supermacs and the Esso opposite?

Yes. Though they've probably gone up since...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement