Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

agreed in relation to remembering who was fiddling you out of cash 2 weeks ago at 169.9 on the dock rd, they wont be seeing my business for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Really ill sell it to you if you want it that bad
    But its a no brainer really
    If you fill something and dont use it it has to stay full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Really ill sell it to you if you want it that bad
    But its a no brainer really
    If you fill something and dont use it it has to stay full

Not true if you are talking about petrol in a car tank.

Fill a car tank and leave the car idle for a month or a year. You won't have the same amount of petrol in it as when you left it as a portion will have evaporated. Even if you don't leave the car idle, each time you go for a refill or top up, the portion that has evaporated between fills/top ups escapes the moment the pump nozzle exposes the tank to the open air even if it is for a tiny amount of time. This is why a lot of service stations in the UK (and elsewhere) have vapour revovery tech built into the pump nozzles to catch the vapours before they escape into the atmosphere/enviroment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not true if you are talking about petrol in a car tank.

Fill a car tank and leave the car idle for a month or a year. You won't have the same amount of petrol in it as when you left it as a portion will have evaporated. Even if you don't leave the car idle, each time you go for a refill or top up, the portion that has evaporated between fills/top ups escapes the moment the pump nozzle exposes the tank to the open air even if it is for a tiny amount of time. This is why a lot of service stations in the UK (and elsewhere) have vapour revovery tech built into the pump nozzles to catch the vapours before they escape into the atmosphere/enviroment.

Kess honestly, lol, is there anything you DON'T know about, 'cause i wouldn't imagine something like that being common knowledge, about the technology in the pumps i mean, not the fuel evaporation, that's just common sense... :D

xsiborg wrote: »
    Kess honestly, lol, is there anything you DON'T know about, 'cause i wouldn't imagine something like that being common knowledge, about the technology in the pumps i mean, not the fuel evaporation, that's just common sense... :D

If your memory is good, try to think back to a conversation on here some time back between Beer Baron and I. He was talking about working in a service station on the Dock road once upon a time, and I was curious as I had worked in the head office (Mainland European and Irish versions) of one of the companies that was on the Dock road and knew quite a few folk that worked in the Dock road stations as a result.

So knowing about the various tech that exists in the UK, mainland Europe and in some Irish stations is not much of a stretch for me.

It was also one of the jobs that required me to work in a number of different countries over time hence me needing to be fluent in a number of European and Asian languages, something that came in handy when I changed my line of work as I was able to facilitate that change in the same number of countries as well as the ones I learned the language and cultures of since then.

Chinese is the language that I am currently studying, and at some point living in China for work will be the next adventure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Petrol was 172.9 in the Garage beside the Regional today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Petrol was 172.9 in the Garage beside the Regional today :eek:

It's been that price for a couple of weeks now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Diesel is 152.9 in the Amber Station at Watch house cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Just say in the UK they could be dropping 5p a litre of petrol over there wonder if it will follow over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Diesel is 152.9 in the Amber Station at Watch house cross.
    Petrol is 167.6

• Advertisement

petrol in chawkes last night was 164.9, two at the groody 167.9, the petrol stations are changing, over the last week we saw the dock rd drop to 165.9

padma wrote: »
    petrol in chawkes last night was 164.9, two at the groody 167.9, the petrol stations are changing, over the last week we saw the dock rd drop to 165.9

All of the above today same price. Dock rd still 165.9 essobeside JFK 167.9 emo Clare st 165.9 topaz hospital 172.9 maxilla beside hospital 167.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chawks is 154.9 for diesel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

All of the above today same price. Dock rd still 165.9 essobeside JFK 167.9 emo Clare st 165.9 topaz hospital 172.9 maxilla beside hospital 167.9
    To know all that you must be the Omniscience One Padmasambhava.;)

no, just a humble helper to all beings in limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

1.65 seems to be the floor for petrol, charleville and rourkes cross are all at 1.65.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Colemania

Chawkes out in Casteltroy surprisingly down to 164.9

topaz at the regional stubbornly holding on to 172.9, Maxol beyond the regional at 167.9, Topaz Roxboro 168.9, seems to be the three most expensive around at the moment. The two at the groody roundabout last night were at 167.9. Ever since the esso turned in to a topaz they seems to have upped the price there beyond there usual range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Chawkes still 164.9 this morning

Great Gas on the Dock road still 165.9 for unleaded with the other two stations still having to match them.

Before Great Gas opened the other two were sitting on 169.9 for unleaded.

Personally I will give my money to the station that forced the price drop rather than the ones that tried to stay high for as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ennis road... Tesco 167.9 great gass 165.9 and topaz 168.9 for unleaded last night

165.9 topaz by the groody. 164.9 chawkes Dublin rd.

165.4 amber old cork rd

Anyone that spends €40 (?) in Superquin gets a voucher for 5 cent off each litre of Maxol fuel. The diesel in Maxol near Groody is 155.9 so that would bring your diesel down to 150.9, it's been a while since you could get fuel at that price in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

phog wrote: »
    Anyone that spends €40 (?) in Superquin gets a voucher for 5 cent off each litre of Maxol fuel. The diesel in Maxol near Groody is 155.9 so that would bring your diesel down to 150.9, it's been a while since you could get fuel at that price in Limerick.

That is actually quite good!

Chawkes is 154.9 at present for the black stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah but stuff in Superquinn generally is more expensive than other supermarkets it probably costs you more in the end in groceries. :p

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yeah but stuff in Superquinn generally is more expensive than other supermarkets it probably costs you more in the end in groceries. :p

I was just gonna say that too. sure if your flush enough to shop in Superquinn the extra few cents wouldn't make a difference, damn, why do the wealthy always get things cheaper, new car cheap tax, pay annual car tax no extra charge, afford the household charge no fine. afford annual insurance no finance fee.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I was just gonna say that too. sure if your flush enough to shop in Superquinn the extra few cents wouldn't make a difference, damn, why do the wealthy always get things cheaper, new car cheap tax, pay annual car tax no extra charge, afford the household charge no fine. afford annual insurance no finance fee.

Buy what's cheaper or the bargains and spend the €40 and still get the cheaper fuel. As for wealthy, dream on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Is there a limit as to the amount in yoyos or litres that you can apply that discount to?

• Advertisement

langdang wrote: »
    Is there a limit as to the amount in yoyos or litres that you can apply that discount to?

I'm sure there is but I've filled my car (Astra) and haven't been limited.

Edited to confirm: Limited to 50litres per voucher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement