Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Colemania

padma wrote: »
    151.9 chawkes, 161.9 emo clare st, 162.9 two at the groody and 165.9 topaz roxboro

Typo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

tis indeed, 159.9

Chawkes still 159.9 this morning, Amber at Watchhouse Cross 161.9, Amber on Kilmalock Road 162.7, Applegreen Corbally 162.8, the 2 at Groody 162.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

162.9 tonight in Patrickswell if anyone is out that way, the one across from the post office

162.9 tonight in Patrickswell if anyone is out that way, the one across from the post office

161.9 down at the centra shop just below it but I'd rather get it from the Topaz one @162.9. Don't know who delivers petrol at the centra place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

All three stations on the dock rd are 163.9 for petrol and 155.9 for diesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

please god let it kep going down ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

159.9 in chawkes. Queue is mighty long. The other stations would want to get their act together as they will clean up this weekend otherwise.

I got 55 liters there this evening, full tank.
    however according to the on-board trip computer the range is only 375 miles.

normally on a full tank its ~500 miles.

I zeroed the odometer pulling out so well see how long it lasts...

I don't buy there but would be glad of the feedback. Got burnt b4 by them and am under my own promise.
    Got a full tank from chalkes last week, slightly better mpg than my last few fills from various other stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Ye are all being screwed in town. Petrol 159.9 and diesel 151.9 in Newport just 5 miles from finnegans roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ye are all being screwed in town. Petrol 159.9 and diesel 151.9 in Newport just 5 miles from finnegans roundabout.

Chawks are almost the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Does the Topaz at Coonagh always close early? Was closed when I passed at 22.20 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

All the people in town are going to chawkes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Well there would need to be some benefits to living in Tipperary :D

Does the Topaz at Coonagh always close early? Was closed when I passed at 22.20 tonight.

Petrol station is 07:00-22:00, I know the signage about it is crap.

theres a thing going around facebook if you stop using topaz and esso they will lose money they have the highest prices so if they dont make any money they lower therir price that means chawkes get cheaper again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

theres a thing going around facebook if you stop using topaz and esso they will lose money they have the highest prices so if they dont make any money they lower therir price that means chawkes get cheaper again.

That is nothing but a daft chain letter doing the rounds for ages.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bazz26 wrote: »
    That is nothing but a daft chain letter doing the rounds for ages.

+1

Anything that gets copied, pasted and forwarded around Facebook can be ignored. That goes for "every time you share this FB will donate 12 olde shillings" and pictures of abused children/animals too. /venting

Lol just saying i saw it id try anything with petrol prices so high, look back first page of this thread "sigh" we were complaining then ha what id give it dropped back to 1.33 a litre now.

159.9 amber monaleen stores for anyone not liking the queue in chawkes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I was in Tuam this morning for work and 167.9 for Unleaded in nearly all the petrol stations there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Filled up in Chawkes last night at 159.9, passed the shop beside the Regioanl Hospital this morning and it was 169.9 there:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just looked back in this thread, and unleaded was 145.9 only four months ago. :eek:

Compare that to the cheapest in and around the City now (159.9 at Chawkes or Monaleen Stores) or the most expensive (169.9 Topaz beside the Regional Hospital).

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

159.9 @ amber, watch house cross. diesel 150.9

159.9 emo clare street

The two at the groody now have also dropped down to 159.9, with Emo clare street and Chawkes and amber monaleen stores sitting on 159.9. Topaz Roxboro need to get their ould act together there persisting on 163.9, As for Topaz regional he's greed is getting the better of him nowadays he's still 169.9, Very hesitatnt to drop the price I wonder what he's game really is. I'm going to pop in their tomorrow and ask him.

The two at the groody now have also dropped down to 159.9, with Emo clare street and Chawkes and amber monaleen stores sitting on 159.9. Topaz Roxboro need to get their ould act together there persisting on 163.9, As for Topaz regional he's greed is getting the better of him nowadays he's still 169.9, Very hesitatnt to drop the price I wonder what he's game really is. I'm going to pop in their tomorrow and ask him.

I wonder does he have a deal with the ambulance fleet or something?

phill106 wrote: »
    I wonder does he have a deal with the ambulance fleet or something?

That may explain it though all that means is he's fleecing the hospital.

That may explain it though all that means is he's fleecing the hospital.

and us indirectly via state funding!

I got 55 liters there this evening, full tank.
    however according to the on-board trip computer the range is only 375 miles.

normally on a full tank its ~500 miles.

I zeroed the odometer pulling out so well see how long it lasts...

Any word on this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

159.9 at the independent garage on Ennis Road

164.9 at Topaz's ennis road

163.9 at tesco

159.9 at Great gas (water!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement