Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

The first Topaz on the Dock road (the old Statoil station) was 161.9 last night when I went by.[/Quote]

The 1st topaz on the dock rd has dropped to 157.9 this morning a drop of 4c. Topaz thomond gate 159.9. Ridiculous. Emo Clare st 155.9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

padma wrote: »
    The first Topaz on the Dock road (the old Statoil station) was 161.9 last night when I went by.

The 1st topaz on the dock rd has dropped to 157.9 this morning a drop of 4c. Topaz thomond gate 159.9. Ridiculous. Emo Clare st 155.9.[/QUOTE]

Fuel prices really seem to be in yo yo mode around Limerick over the past seven days or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The strike in Norway which was apparently the cause of the price rise, has been called off, so the prices can go back down again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well if you are parked beside a 2005 silver Mustang in the Castletroy shopping centre cark park in the future, then that is most likely mine as I do go to Superquin and have a habit of using the Mustang for shopping trips to there as well as my Cork trips rather than my day to day motor so that the engine is getting regular use.. If a fairly well built semi tall guy with tattoos is getting into the car, then say hi.

What kind of MPG you getting in them?I'm somewhere between 20-30 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What kind of MPG you getting in them?I'm somewhere between 20-30 :(

20-30 is a 1970 SS 454? :D I would be lucky to get 10 -15 from the SS on a motorway and closer to 8 in town. She has close to 450 HP under the hood so not the kind of classic that one buys if in anyway bothered about mpg.

The Mustang is a bit more forgiving as she would be in the 16 - 20 range in a city, and closer to 24 -27 on the open road. Not too bad for a car with a V8 under the hood.

My day to day car is an Audi A5 coupe which has a diesel engine, so that gives a pretty decent mpg alright and the bike has a combined mpg of roughly about the 45 mark.

What is it that you have that is giving you a return in the 20-30 range? Sounds like something with a V6 in it maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

153.9 in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

it's great the way the petrol prices go up straight away but they're slow to come down because stock petrol was bought at a higher price

last night's prices so may have changed, 1st topaz dock rd 157.9, 2nd topaz dock rd 158.9, 3rd station on dock rd great gas 159.9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

last night's prices so may have changed, 1st topaz dock rd 157.9, 2nd topaz dock rd 158.9, 3rd station on dock rd great gas 159.9.
    Way to shake things up great gas!
    This fortnights winner of a full tank + sundries was Tesco coonagh. Thanks zuroph.

Emo Clare st. 157.9 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Passed earlier on today still same prices.:mad: so fcking dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Passed earlier on today still same prices.:mad: so fcking dear

Was in Galway today and glad I topped up in Limerick, fuel is about 5 cent per litre cheaper in Limerick. Still expensive but could be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

To tie in to tescos 153.9, I saw an ad in the irish independent this evening that if you spend 50 euro in tesco, you can have 5 cent off per litre. Spend 100, get 10 cent off per litre. Didn't see start or end dates, but would be handy if someone was already doing the shopping in tesco, 148.9 hasn't been seen in some time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Kess73 wrote: »
    What is it that you have that is giving you a return in the 20-30 range? Sounds like something with a V6 in it maybe?

s2000... we'll get in trouble for ruining this thread. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Topaz next to Ennis Road Motors, diesel 145.9 this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Colemania

phill106 wrote: »
    To tie in to tescos 153.9, I saw an ad in the irish independent this evening that if you spend 50 euro in tesco, you can have 5 cent off per litre. Spend 100, get 10 cent off per litre. Didn't see start or end dates, but would be handy if someone was already doing the shopping in tesco, 148.9 hasn't been seen in some time!

Offer ends August 5th. The vouchers for them expire August 12th

Amber OCR 156.5

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Lads is it true that Ambers petrol is not good quality, i was told this by a few people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

where is the cheapest home oil???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Colemania

Beaver1 wrote: »
    Lads is it true that Ambers petrol is not good quality, i was told this by a few people

Well I've never had any complaints about it and either has my dad so no I think there's nothing wrong with it.

• Advertisement

1st on dock rd 158.9. The other two 159.9. Topaz thomond gate 159.9 emo Clare st 157.9. Maxol parkway 158.9

Texaco on Mulgrave st - petrol 162.9 yesterday evening, ditto Topaz out the Ballysimon rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Diesel in Thomondgate is 150.9 and it was 145.9 in Watch house cross yesterday (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

Beaver1 wrote: »

I use Ambers petrol the whole time. Its the same as any other petrol. I dont believe this crap that Topaz or texaco have better petrol. I get more miles to the gallon with Amber than I do with topaz any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

tesco up to 156.9

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

The cheapest diesel in Limerick is showing up on pumps.ie as 142.9 in an "Independent" on Main St, Kilcornan. Anyone know about this place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That sounds like the place across from curraghchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

I think that station was closed by Customs(fuel from N Ireland) any station that has been open there has never survived even when it was a Top.

Alot of the information on pumps.ie can be old, I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Also very cheap diesel is very cheap for a reason, I value my car's injectors, fuel pump, etc more than saving a few cent on a litre of diesel.

• Advertisement

161.9 topaz Roxboro and 158.9 at texaco Roxboro, emo Clare st Maxol parkway and two at the groody

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement