Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

does petrol seem to be creeping back up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

two at the groody 161.9 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Chawkes 158.9, tesco still 156.9

Come on lower prices, where have you gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Just back from Tesco petrol now 159.9

Chawkes up to 160.9 for the hot weather :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

padma wrote: »
    Chawkes up to 160.9 for the hot weather :)

I filled up this morning there for 158.9

I sense we might hit the 170.0 in a few weeks :(

I wouldn't say so, Oil is quite low at the moment and the euro is staying around the 1,21/2 mark against the dollar, been like that for a few months at this stage.

I wouldn't say so, Oil is quite low at the moment and the euro is staying around the 1,21/2 mark against the dollar, been like that for a few months at this stage.
    I'll bow to your knowledge.
    I'm just being pessimistic ;)

I lack knowledge, just staying positive

I lack knowledge, just staying positive

I wasn't having a dig :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

amiable wrote: »
    I wasn't having a dig :)

Troublemaker. :p

Might have to get you moved out to Shannon as punishment. :)

You would be able to start all the Limerick/Clare wars you wanted then :D

The price of oil does not always translate into matching prices at the pumps though. I don't think the 170 mark will be hiot at the pumps in the next few weeks, but I am expecting prices to be around the 168 to 172 mark by December/January and a few of us on here highlighting a certain station in Dooradoyle a lot :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

ok, tesco back to 159.9 for petrol and i think 151.9 for diesel as of yesterday evening.
    Hope other places start to drop again

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Diesel 141.9 in Tesco using the 10c off per litre. These vouchers are available anytime you spend €100 and are valid until Aug 12th. So what should have cost €98 to fill worked out at €90.60

164.9 for Unleaded in the Topaz beside the regional hospital.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

how is that close to cheap?

NinjaK wrote: »
    how is that close to cheap?

The thread is used to highlight the cheapest stations and also to highlight the ones that seem expensive or that have a track record of keeping their prices above that of the majority of stations.

Anyway without knowing how expensive the most expensive ones are, how would you know whether or not the rest were cheap or cheaper using this thread? :p

Chawkes whacked the petrol up tonight by 2c, got in there for the bank holiday weekend, thank you Bill and Ann, two at the groody 160.9 and emo clare st 160.9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

just go to applegreen or the one by clare street, emo i think its called, always cheapest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

NinjaK wrote: »
    just go to applegreen or the one by clare street, emo i think its called, always cheapest

Only makes sense if you are in the area though. Pointless driving from the other side of town to save 1c on a litre of fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

bazz26 wrote: »
    Only makes sense if you are in the area though. Pointless driving from the other side of town to save 1c on a litre of fuel.

I'd agree to a point but if everyone went to the cheapest station then I think we'd see a price war of sorts in the sale of fuel.

phog wrote: »
    bazz26 wrote: »

I'd agree to a point but if everyone went to the cheapest station then I think we'd see a price war of sorts in the sale of fuel.

Imagine the queues. It wouldn't be long b4 seeing the prices drop. The tumbleweed blowing in the topaz beside the regional.

Imagine the queues. It wouldn't be long b4 seeing the prices drop. The tumbleweed blowing in the topaz beside the regional.

Never going to happen. Even when there were stations around Limerick selling unleaded at between 7 and 9 cent a litre cheaper, that station still had plenty of people filling up in it.

Hell, even when the Maxol a few hundred yards away was 4 or 5 cent a litre cheaper, the Topaz still seemed to do business.

Same folk would probably be giving out stink if a new tax came in, but are happy to tax themselves by buying fuel in the dearer station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Got it today in a Topaz next to Goosers Bar in Corbally for 159.9.

Chawkes whacked the petrol up tonight by 2c, got in there for the bank holiday weekend, thank you Bill and Ann, two at the groody 160.9 and emo clare st 160.9

The two at the Groody were 162.9 last night and the Emo on Clare street was still 160.9.

All three on the dock road were 161.9

Diesel in all the above were 10c less that the unleaded price, save for Emo which I did not notice.

Maxol by the Regional hospital was 161.9 and the Topaz on the other side of the hospital was 164.9. The more expensive forecourt was the busier one. :rolleyes:

Emo Clare st, last night was 160.9 forgot to update that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kess73 wrote: »
    The two at the Groody were 162.9 last night and the Emo on Clare street was still 160.9.

All three on the dock road were 161.9

Diesel in all the above were 10c less that the unleaded price, save for Emo which I did not notice.

Maxol by the Regional hospital was 161.9 and the Topaz on the other side of the hospital was 164.9. The more expensive forecourt was the busier one. :rolleyes:

Maxol's shop is being re-fitted which might explain that one? I really rarely see people filling up in Topaz though...but when I do, I think to myself why??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Petrol still 159.9 at Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Petrol still 159.9 at Tesco
    -5c per litre = ka-ching! Filled to the gills.

In answer to the fortnightly insinuation that Amber OCR couldn't be selling good petrol at a cent cheaper than other places - it seems perfectly fine to me. Just got my best ever mpg on a full tank from Amber. Would have no problems filling my car from there. Or from tesco, before someone starts suggesting that it's made from recycling gone off produce or something equally ridiculous.

FWIW, NCW stations are about 1.60 +-1c

• Advertisement

Chawkes weekly weekend price hike has appeared just like the good weather. 165.9 ouch. Yesterday topaz regional was 164.9. Just for comparison.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement