Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Eh ... I know this is a City forum, but if you're wandering out west, petrol is 114 euro at a couple of places in Newcastlewest today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

applegreen

petrol: 114.8

diesel: 103.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Anybody know where's cheapest for diesel at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

there is a handy website i use www.pumps.ie here you will be able to see who has the cheapest petrol and diesel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    there is a handy website i use www.pumps.ie here you will be able to see who has the cheapest petrol and diesel...
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

That Texaco Petrol Station opposite the Roxboro Garda Station is open again .

117.9 for petrol forgot to check diesel .......... 2 cent cheaper than the station around the corner .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    applegreen

petrol: 114.8

diesel: 103.8

and where is that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jonski wrote: »
    That Texaco Petrol Station opposite the Roxboro Garda Station is open again .

117.9 for petrol forgot to check diesel .......... 2 cent cheaper than the station around the corner .

Its the same price currently at Chawkes this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I never checked this morning, but yesterday, petrol at both petrol stations at the Groody roundabout were 116.9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    I never checked this morning, but yesterday, petrol at both petrol stations at the Groody roundabout were 116.9.

Same today, plus in NewcastleWest Unleaded can be got for 115.4 and 115.9 depending on which station you use. Both stations are after the Tesco store as you drive to NCW from Limerick.

Should be a nice jump in both unleaded and diesel prices after next week's budget.

Unleaded is meant to be getting an extra 5.5 cent per litre added as a carbon tax, and diesel is meant to be getting 6.5 cent per litre added as a carbon tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

fryup wrote: »
    and where is that??

Corbally by Shannon Banks, and Westbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Great Gas, Tipperary Road:

Diesel 106.9
    Petrol 116.9

If you're travelling to Kerry, petrol in Newcastlewest at Centra (just past the Courtney Lodge Hotel) is 114.9 today. Forgot to check the diesel, but could be 103?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

will petrol/oil be going up in this weeks budget do you think? - maybe I should fill up before the budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

banjobongo wrote: »
    will petrol/oil be going up in this weeks budget do you think? - maybe I should fill up before the budget?

If you top up your car,say 40 litres and petrol goes up about 5 cent..you're gonna save 2 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

banjobongo wrote: »

Put it this way, it won't be going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

bazz26 wrote: »
    Put it this way, it won't be going down.

Well if the shower of Wankers in FF have any cop on they will reduce the rate of VAT
    and the other shower of W
    in the greens put a "carbon tax" on fuel, it might stay at the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

So where's Petrol going cheap these days????

Raiser wrote: »
    So where's Petrol going cheap these days????

In the city, 124.9 for unleaded now passes as cheap. :rolleyes:

The Texaco at Roxborough has this price as do a few on the Dublin road, as well as a number of other stations dotted around the city.

The Topaz in Raheen is still at 129.9 for unleaded, same price that he was the day after the budget.

Generally the cheapest in Limerick are as you head towards Newcastle West.

The filling station on the left a few miles before NCW, and Garveys on the left after the Tesco in NCW are generally about 3 or 4 cent per litre cheaper than town. Handy if you pass that way on a regular basis and get a full tank.

What I find funny is how people complain about the price of petrol/diesel but still go back to the same stations that they complain about over and over.

My attitude is very simple on it, I will go to the station that has the best prices on my route, and take my custom away from the stations that I feel rip me off. If more people did that, then the stations would notice the difference at the tills when the missing fuel buyers are no longer there to buy milk/ciggies/sweets etc., and it might force a few of them to bring their prices down and to compete with the cheaper stations.

Funnily enough some of the most expensive filling stations are the ones that do a roaring trade within their shops, as a lot of people are too dim to buy in the next cheapest station preferring to keep going back to the place they always go to regardless of price.

It's a bit like the way people vote in this country if you think about it.

Yes, it's still 121.9 for unleaded in NCW today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its 127.9 in Raheen in Maxol and Texaco usually copy them.

Chawkes was 124.9 this morning for unleaded

124.9 in Little Brazil yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

On my way back to Limerick this evening and noticed that Amber in Charleville was 121.9 for petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

123.9 UL at Green Gas Ballysimon Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

122.8 Applegreen Corbally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

grenache wrote: »
    On my way back to Limerick this evening and noticed that Amber in Charleville was 121.9 for petrol.
    correction, it was Campus actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

I noticed huge price variations between Corbally (1.26) Thomondgate (1.29) and Clarina (1.24) in recent days.

Is Clarina the cheapest around?

I'd say so - 1.24 was the cheapest until recently in a few places around town seems to be only Clarina holding out....

- At this point I drive their regardless of it being out of my way, just to pass the others, and to support Clarinas prices.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Did I miss a crisis in the middle east recently or are the petrol stations just taking the piss .

128.9 in the Roxboro texaco station

upwards on that in every other station this side of town

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Did I miss a crisis in the middle east recently or are the petrol stations just taking the piss .

128.9 in the Roxboro texaco station

upwards on that in every other station this side of town

Pretty much the latter, and anyone who heads through Cork or Tipperary will notice that the higher prices are a Limerick City thing.

Unleaded was 124.9 in Cashel last night and a cent less in Clonmel. 124.9 to 127.9 seems to be the average around Cork.

Here in Limerick the cheapest station is 127.9 and the most expensive is always the Topaz beside the regional hospital as that station has been over the 1.30 mark for unleaded since January.

To get a cheaper price in Limerick, one has to go to the county and normally to Newcastle West.

Was something on the radio two weeks ago about a businessman who owned six stations, two in the Nenagh area and two in the Limerick area, and two in Kerry.

All were under the same franchise banner, but the Kerry and Tipperary ones managed to keep the same prices as each other for Petrol and Diesel, whilst his Limerick stations averaged 4 cent a litre more on both fuel types. He tried to argue that it costs more to have the fuel delivered to Limerick, but then the interviewer was quick enough to come out and say that even if it was true, which it is not, that there was a different delivery rate based on distance, then his Nenagh stations should be the most expensive as they were the furthest away from the Cork depot that delivered the fuel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement