Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAYS CHEAPEST PETROL THREAD!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

jonski wrote: »
    Did I miss a crisis in the middle east recently or are the petrol stations just taking the piss .

128.9 in the Roxboro texaco station

Sombody is taking the piss because these prices are a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭manna452121

128.9 also at Singland Motors in Castletroy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Went up to Croker for the match yesterday and the cheapest petrol I saw was 128.9 so we seem to be in line with the majority of the petrol stations on the N7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What's the latest news on this topic Folks ;)

- We all still paying inflated prices to keep certain Limerick Business Owners fat arsés in X5s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

131.9 In Texaco Roxboro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Nearly got sick yesterday! Was at a petrol station in Cappamore, wait for it . . . €137.9 :eek: Had just squeezed the nozzle so had to put in a fiver's worth. Then fled to another petrol station in the same village: €1.29.9.
    I mentioned it to the girl (who I happen to know) at the second station and she said that they were rushed off their feet all day because of it. :confused:

That's some difference.

Nearly got sick yesterday! Was at a petrol station in Cappamore, wait for it . . . €137.9 :eek: Had just squeezed the nozzle so had to put in a fiver's worth. Then fled to another petrol station in the same village: €1.29.9.
    I mentioned it to the girl (who I happen to know) at the second station and she said that they were rushed off their feet all day because of it. :confused:

That's some difference.

What we need is one or two Business-minded People to charge a fair rate - then we can all thank them by supporting them in droves after free publicity on here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Raiser wrote: »
    What we need is one or two Business-minded People to charge a fair rate - then we can all thank them by supporting them in droves after free publicity on here....

What we need is the government to stop taking such high taxes on fuel, HA HA some chance of that.

All taxes (VAT, DUTY & CARBON TAX) account for approx. 75% of the price we pay for fuel AFAIK. The amount the retailer gets is less than 10%.

dh0661 wrote: »
    What we need is the government to stop taking such high taxes on fuel, HA HA some chance of that.

All taxes (VAT, DUTY & CARBON TAX) account for approx. 75% of the price we pay for fuel AFAIK. The amount the retailer gets is less than 10%.

Sure don't you know that in a Country that makes up the tineist micro fraction of the Global Population we have a Green Party that needs us to believe we are choking the Planet with our few cars in order to keep themselves in shíte talking Jobs as they rake in their massive wages and secure huge pensions.

- Imagine how much we could reduce the blah, blah 'Carbon Footprint' of the Green Party Members themselves if we helpfully locked the absolute Idiots in a convenient underground Bunker for a decade or three?

Imagine how much we could reduce the blah, blah 'Carbon Footprint' of the Green Party Members themselves if we helpfully locked the absolute Idiots in a convenient underground Bunker for a decade or three?

Would it cost alot in 'Carbon Footprint' terms, to blow them up instantly?

• Advertisement

dh0661 wrote: »
    Would it cost alot in 'Carbon Footprint' terms, to blow them up instantly?

Imagine all that hot air being released instantly like that though?

- It would be like an epic Nuclear chain-reaction :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And don't forget that the carbon tax announced in the last budget comes into effect from next month afaik.

bazz26 wrote: »
    And don't forget that the carbon tax announced in the last budget comes into effect from next month afaik.

€137.9 is going to seem like a bargain next month.

- Better get out there and start using the Public transport that doesn't exist in 99% of Ireland despite the Green Parties sad, wittering nonsense :mad:

You are correct - I thought that it was included already :eek:

Another tax on fuel is going to drive (excuse the pun) the price of everything else up, just when prices started coming down :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Already included in Petrol/Diesel prices since last Budget, now being applied to Home Heating Oils from May 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Already included in Petrol/Diesel prices since last Budget, now being applied to Home Heating Oils from May 1st.

+1, correct IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Thread title should be changed to TODAYS LEAST EXPENSIVE PETROL THREAD!! :(

Texaco Roxboro €1:32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Three stations That I passed in Ennis were 129.9 a litre for unleaded yesterday.

Yet the Limerick crooks in and around town all seem happy to stay up around the 134.9 to 136.9 range with only a few exceptions.

That station is generally a few cent below the town average in fairness to them. Not that I regard 1.32 a good price, but it is the town station I use most as my logic is to give my money to the station that charges me the least for the exact same product that other stations want to charge me more for.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    That station is generally a few cent below the town average in fairness to them. Not that I regard 1.32 a good price, but it is the town station I use most as my logic is to give my money to the station that charges me the least for the exact same product that other stations want to charge me more for.

Is it not Topaz now?

- I always avoid it cause of the air of menace from all the scowling Dutch Gold Athletes hanging around... Someone on here was punched in the face there not so long ago AFAIR.

Singland Motors was ~1.31ish the other day - Crap price but relatively cheap.....

Is it not Topaz now?

- I always avoid it cause of the air of menace from all the scowling Dutch Gold Athletes hanging around... Someone on here was punched in the face there not so long ago AFAIR.

Singland Motors was ~1.31ish the other day - Crap price but relatively cheap.....

No the Topaz is beside the Steering wheel on the Childers Road side of Tesco. The Texaco is around the corner, directly opposite the Garda station.

Yeah I remember the thread about the person being attacked at the Topaz station. The Texaco does not get scum hanging around it in the way they do at the Topaz.

Singland is the same price as the Texaco, both are 131.9. I just have a habit of rounding numbers up, so 131.9 for a litre, I call 132.

Texaco Roxboro 132.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

emo dublin rd 131.7

Topaz Dooradoyle 135.9 for unleaded. As usual that station is amongst the most expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Kess73 wrote: »
    Topaz Dooradoyle 135.9 for unleaded. As usual that station is amongst the most expensive.
    Those chancers, the Maxol in Dooradoyle and the Texaco in Raheen should all be brought up on price-fixing. The three of them are effectively operating as a cartel. They are ALWAYS the same price as each other, if one goes up, the other two follow suit the same day. Really maddens me and i never get petrol in any of them as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

1:32.9 in topaz by the coonagh roundabout

grenache wrote: »
    Those chancers, the Maxol in Dooradoyle and the Texaco in Raheen should all be brought up on price-fixing. The three of them are effectively operating as a cartel. They are ALWAYS the same price as each other, if one goes up, the other two follow suit the same day. Really maddens me and i never get petrol in any of them as a result.

The three you mentioned, plus the two Topaz stations on the Dock road always seem to move their prices on the same day. They have done so for years now. Amazing coincidences there. :rolleyes:

Throw in the Topaz in Roxboro, which used to have a connection*, maybe still does, to the Topaz in Dooradoyle, and you have a nice chunk at one side of the city all staying high in terms of price.

* As for the connection, people should think back to when Topaz was under the Statoil banner, or back when there was an Esso beside the Regional.

The surname of the current owner of the Topaz in Dooradoye was half of an ownership name of a service station.

Where did the second half of that name turn up? Why as the owner of the Statoil station in Roxboro and most likely of the Topaz that station became.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Apple Green in Corbally was 131.8 on Friday evening, I deliberately went out of my way to go there to get it. Rather cut off my foot with a rusty knife than buy fuel off some of the gougers who have been called out on this thread.

• Advertisement

Just back in the door after having to drop someone off and got a few prices along the way.

Topaz In Dooradoye is now a whopping 137.9 per litre for Unleaded

Contrast that with the 131.8 at Rourkes cross, and with the 130.9 for unleaded in Charleville at both stations on the Cork side of Charleville town.

I still think it would be a great idea for the Limerick Post or the Limerick Leader to have a weekly price watch section for petrol and diesel where they name the five cheapest and the five most expensive stations in Limerick each week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement