Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenings in Dublin

Options
  • 24-07-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    We're looking for a venue in the city to hold a screening of a short film we've recently finished. Not a cinema, but somewhere smaller, centrally located and ideally with a projector/screen set up already in place. We've previously done this in the Odeon and I know upstairs in 4 Dame Lane sometimes does it but I was wondering if anyone else had any other ideas?
    Thanks.
    Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Sugar Club can do this as well.

Don't think it's overly cheap though. It's about 2 years since I last got prices off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

There are weekly short film screenings held in HAVANA Tapas Bar on Georges Street.

see here : http://crewger.ie/news/single/71

I'm not entirely sure of the set-up but you can get in contact with Howard (number on the site) for some more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Filmbase also have rooms available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Herm

Thanks a lot guys. I'll look into those...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Filmbase is the cheapest. But I wasn't that impressed with their facilities. Sugar Club is nice if you can swing the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Hi - Sorry to bring an outdated post to life again but Im in the exact same position as the OP was, does anyone know of anywhere decent that does this kind of thing apart from the Sugar Club and Filmbase?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The Woolshed showed ashort I worked on. they might be worth asking.

Not sure how much they cost but the Denzelle Cinema looks pretty nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If it's a small screening you're after you could have it in the Bernard Shaw:

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/bernardshaw/story/24/

The Craic Den there has beer on tap and a projector system. I've never been in that room myself but they're an accommodating bunch up there. It says on the site it's free up until 8.30 and after that it's 50 quid rental.

Advertisement