Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vauxhall Cars in Ireland

Options
  • 24-07-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting an ex police car from the UK which is a Vauxhall, are ther any Vauxhall dealers in Ireland to get it serviced.

All I find on the internet is for N. Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Vauxhall is Opel here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Vauxhall's are the exact same as Opel's, just with different badges.

Any Opel dealer will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The last time a new vauxhall was sold here was in 1982. You might see the odd vauxhall on an irish number plate. Ive seen a 08 one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I imported an Astra, ran it for a while and sold it on. Any parts I needed I just used Opel. The parts come with Vauxhall, Opel and GM logos. It's all from Rüsselsheim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I imported an Astra, ran it for a while and sold it on. Any parts I needed I just used Opel. The parts come with Vauxhall, Opel and GM logos. It's all from Rüsselsheim.

I thought that Vauxhall Astras and some Vauxhall Vectras are built in Elsmere Port in Cheshire. The specs would be completely different between Opels and Vauxhalls. I used to remember some dealers here importing vauxhalls and rebadging them as Opels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The wife's Corsas were built in Portugal or Spain, the mother's old Agila was built in Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

As has already been said they're the same, only difference is some cosmetic differences - grills, wheels, steering wheels etc.. I drove an Opel Omega with Vauxhall bodyword, Opel Engine, Vauxhall bodywork and Opel interior.

I also got filters for my Dad's Combo and they had Opel, Vauxhall & GM on them.

Have also noticed any Fiat parts I buy have Lancia & Alfa Romeo on them (prob because Fiat own all car manufacturers in Italy!), and some Peogeot mechanical part has Citreon on them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

G Luxel wrote: »
    I thought that Vauxhall Astras and some Vauxhall Vectras are built in Elsmere Port in Cheshire. The specs would be completely different between Opels and Vauxhalls.

The do RHD Opels for the Irish market there as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

atlantean wrote: »
    The do RHD Opels for the Irish market there as well ;)

The majority of Opels here have a WOLO VIN....meaning they were built in Germany AFAIK.

SA to SM are Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Vas_Guy wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking about getting an ex police car from the UK which is a Vauxhall, are ther any Vauxhall dealers in Ireland to get it serviced.

Is it an MV6 Omega OP? Or something we might recognise from Road Wars?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Vas_Guy wrote: »
    Hi,

Just be very careful buying an ex cop car, I know of a valiting company that had the Garda contract and they used to pull all sorts of stuff from in and behind the seats, even in ex Garda that were moved on, stuff like syringe needles and drugs etc.

Advertisement