Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom 105.2 announces new morning schedule. Starts Monday 28th!

Options
  • 24-07-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Phantom announces new Morning Schedule!

Last night at the Odessa Phantom announced our brand new breakfast and morning schedule. The new schedule will go to air on Monday 28th July. Set your alarm clocks!

The breakfast show, Pure Morning, which will run from 7am-10am, will be hosted by Richie McCormack, supported by Charlotte Flood. Richie has worked with Phantom 105.2 since 2002 and for the past two years has been working with the station presenting its new music show 'The Producers' which gives many bands their first exposure on Irish radio and producing the popular 'Stadium Rock' on Saturday afternoons. Charlotte is new to Phantom and joins the station from XFM in South Wales.

Michelle Doherty, who also presents Channel 6's late night interactive music show ‘Nightshift', will present ‘Finest Worksongs' from 10am-Noon. Michelle will bring her love and knowledge of the alternative music scene to deliver great music for those at work.

Front Row with Sinéad Ní Mhórdha will air from Noon - 2pm and bring listeners music, entertainment news and interviews. Sinéad, who's been described as "Ireland's First Female DJ Superstar" by The Star and as "a music junkie and one of Phantom's "leading lights" by the Sunday Independent, has been with Phantom since 2004. After initially joining in 2004, Sinéad returned to the airwaves on Halloween 2006 to re-join the ranks as Presenter on Phantom 105.2.

Ger Roe, CEO, Phantom 105.2 said, "We're coming up to our two year anniversary and we pride ourselves on listening to our audience and delivering what they want. We've decided to revamp our breakfast and morning schedule to bring our listeners a mix of new talent and old favourites in an exciting new combination."

The new Morning Schedule:

7-10am Pure Morning with Richie McCormack
    10am-12noon Finest Worksongs with Michelle Doherty
    12noon-2pm Front Row with Sinéad Ní Mhórdha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

And Sinister Pete goes where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I nearly cried when I heard this...no more pete in the monrings :(

Didn't phantom have an ad a while ago taking the p!ss out of guy girl breakfast shows....with good reason.

What happens to Pete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 backpacker

This silence regarding Sinister Pete is worrying and actually quite unfair to the Phantom stalwart and excellent morning host he has been. I'm on holidays at the moment but I'll definitely be up in the morning to send him a text or two and give him a proper sendoff. Hope many of his other loyal listeners will too.

The fact he isn't mentioned in that press release is worrying. Anyone care to comment? Silence only invites speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Never fear, the sinister one will still be around and you will be hearing him soon! In the meantime, hes DJ-ing at Phantoms First Friday at ALT next Friday (August 1st). As well as that, he is programme director so he's around. Stealing sandwiches and the like.

Simon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

I really liked Out to Lunch with Mr. Neill Austin :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Damn, if ever there was a reason for live webcams in radio studios it's Michelle Doherty.

What will become of Neil Austin?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Let me be the first....... :( .....to welcome Richie to the morning slot, and ESPECIALLY WELCOME Charlotte to PhantomFM. :)

Stadium Rock is an excellent show and well hosted by Mr. McCormack, my second fave show next to Power House! :)

I look forward to monday morning....no wait, thats a lie.......I look forward to hearing the new breakfast show, on my way to work on Monday morning.

Well done to Pete for his work thus far, in presenting and more importantly getting the station to where it is today.

All the best to one and all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Boarder Man

Never fear, the sinister one will still be around and you will be hearing him soon!

Excellent....with a pseudo-Pete in tow? ;)

I'll miss Pete in the morning (The weather bike was classic) and I was also a fan of Out to Lunch but I'll reserve opinion until I actually hear the new shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yeah, I'll miss Pete too, great DJ for the morning with some cracking tunes for the drive in, even my missus listens to him, heard him say he'll be still working away inthe background.
    Same as above, I'll approach the new show with an open mind, look forward to hearing what it will be like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aw I'll miss Pete in the mornings, He's not too loud and enthusiastic which is nice because I hate screechy bubbly radio presenters early in the morning. Hopefully the new hosts wont turn into your typical guy/girl breakfast program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭dave.omeara

Dang, mornings just won't be the same anymore. The always reliable weather bike, and great music, only time I've ever heard the Deftones on at 8 in the morning. Them be big shoes to follow, but I'm sure they'll be filled quite comfortably. Good luck, one and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

always enjoyed pete in the mornings, hope to hear him in another slot soon.
    like the idea of changing around the schedule and letting other voices be heard too in the prime slots. especially in the mornings, think even an excellent presenter needs a change about, esp not to always become the morning voice that everyone gets nervous when they hear it on a day off! (no offence to pete, just talking general morning blues!)
    Also nice to see two (/3!) great female presenters taking up the morning slots aswell.
    Looking forward to hearing the changes, and also to hearing neill and pete still!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm in a way glad SP has left the morning slot i think he did a great job but not sure if it was suited to him. Don't get me wrong Pete is a super guy and a great DJ but the morning slot is terribly fussy, he was still miles better than Darcy and his annoying harem of giggle bunnies. But i would love to see him back on a lateish show, old school like.

Bring back the two petes and question time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Heard the new pure morning on the way into work and it was pretty good. I thought Pete was doing a good job though and it was more the evening slot that needed the revamp.
    Anyways good luck to Richie and Charlotte(who sounds hot) Look forward to listening to them on the way into work from now on.
    All the other new shows i won;t get to listen to cause the work nazis have banned radio the same way they banned jeans and t-shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I was convinced I was about to read that Joe & Keith were announced as the new morning DJ's...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Couple of things:
    oldscoil wrote: »
    Let me be the first....... :( .....to welcome Richie to the morning slot, and ESPECIALLY WELCOME Charlotte to PhantomFM. :)

Stadium Rock is an excellent show and well hosted by Mr. McCormack, my second fave show next to Power House! :)

I look forward to monday morning....no wait, thats a lie.......I look forward to hearing the new breakfast show, on my way to work on Monday morning.

Well done to Pete for his work thus far, in presenting and more importantly getting the station to where it is today.

All the best to one and all. :)
    Yes, Pete was good and Ritchie is damn good too - no problems with that. I heard him this morning and had heard him standing in before. He is a good choice. By the way, it is Ritchie Ryan who hosts Stadium Rock - Ritchie McCormack is on the show before but does produce Stadium Rock.

Another thing - Sorry Simon, but Sinead Ni Mhordha goes back to 2003's first temporary licence run at least. That's when I first heard her. Small point I know.

Couple of things:

Another thing - Sorry Simon, but Sinead Ni Mhordha goes back to 2003's first temporary licence run at least. That's when I first heard her. Small point I know.

Declan, you are of course absolutely right. Its all just a blur :)

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I know other posters have mentioned it. Let me add my voice too.

What has happened to Neil Austin, former presenter of "Out to Lunch" at lunchtime, now replaced with Sinead. Is he in the background still, or gone on to other things? By the way, he goes back to Phantom's pirate days - how far back I'm not sure.

I know other posters have mentioned it. Let me add my voice too.

What has happened to Neil Austin, former presenter of "Out to Lunch" at lunchtime, now replaced with Sinead. Is he in the background still, or gone on to other things? By the way, he goes back to Phantom's pirate days - how far back I'm not sure.

Neill is very much still at Phantom towers. Neill is Phantoms head of production so spends most of his days locked up in his studio talking about plugins or protools or proletariat or something. Bucket of fish heads once a week keeps him happy.

Simon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Heard the show a few times, liking it so far. Just don't let it turn into in jokes and giggles like it's contemporaries. Special Kudos to the Pun o the day!

I love the constant stirve to do better, keep it up. And i am available to fill in any slots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dessie1981

Been listening to the new show and i really hope that the phantom morning drive in slot is not going the same way as the other annoying morning shows,

It seems to be less focused on the music now which is a shame.

Bring back pete!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dessie1981

Although the music is still top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

As has been said by another poster, keep in mind the ad slagging other mornings shows inane chat. Don't descend into some mind numbing conversation about what such and such a person does, it's been verging on it once or twice, don't push it over the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 backpacker

I really hope Sinister Pete gets a permanent slot somewhere in the schedule again soon. I know he's fulfilling an important role as Programme Director but he's the heart and soul of Phantom in so many ways and the respect in which he's held is obvious from the posts here. Even a weekend show when most of us could get to hear him...pretty please!:)

Putting Sinister Pete on at a time of the day when I can actually listen to him would also go down really well with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

-Lithium- wrote: »
    I really liked Out to Lunch with Mr. Neill Austin :(.

me too, i thought it was a great show. I also really enjoyed edel coffee's show too, its a pitty. Pete was the only way to go i thought, he was the business.

Remember the add that sinister pete had for pure morning.. where two radio presenters are chatting and laughing, then the guy says "you really are a philistine" to which the girl replies "but im a girl!".. then pete cuts in and says "yea i dont wanna listen to that crap either". Well thats what the morning show has become. I've started a new job which means im listening to phantom from 7am till when ever im done.. last night i was done at 1am. i've really taken a disliking to the new morning lark..

The morning shows for me were a much more intimate affair. In the morning i dont want to hear people yapping to each other about x/y/z, its too much! With the old lineup they talked to the listeners more as they didnt have the option of talking to someone in the room(other than a quick word on the news break etc).

I made this post a while ago and as far as that goes it should be deleted! The music selection has been great the past week. I might be away from the van(deliveries) a few times, but i havnt really heard the same song more than 2/3 times. I really cant fault it lately, i dont know if anything has changed in that department, it could be me just not noticing it or what not.

Never the less, i hope it really works out for everyone involved.

Could the new morning crew bring in atomic cloda?

Advertisement