Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Everyone know....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Well I have met Magnumlady (Val) once,well she met me.She came into the shop and asked me if I was on boards and I said I was,she just introduced herself to me and was gone again so didn't properly meet her.
    Don't know anybody else :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

We should get badges made so we can recognise each other on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

so when is the beer night again???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thats a great idea Brian. You go first.

:D

But you already know me so its pointless?

• Advertisement

I just wanted to snigger at you wandering round town with a name tag. :pac:

Lolz it'd be like being back in dunnes.I meant a boards badge as opposed to usernames.

On topic. Is it just me or do ye ever wonder if someone you meet is someone from here? I was in a shop yesterday and had er...bizarre customer service, not bad as such, just...strange! I was going to post about it in the "Shopping" thread, but I wondered if the bloke I was dealing with was one of you lot!

I'm either paranoid, extremely unwilling to offend or I need to seriously get a grip.

(All of the above I suppose..)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well, funny you mention this.

I was going around town today wearing a Man U jersey with 'Basquille' on the back.. so if you do see me, feel free to come up to me and punch me in the face.

Or alternatively, you could say hi, but I always find a punch more personal and warming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

basquille wrote: »

I was going around town today wearing a Man U jersey with 'Basquille' on the back.. so if you do see me, feel free to come up to me and punch me in the face.

Or alternatively, you could say hi, but I always find a punch more personal and warming! :D

Actually, that reminds me. You've met my other half. Who wasn't a boardsie at the time so it was quite strange that he realised who you were.

I've met sueme and worked with Irish Stew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

takola wrote: »
    Actually, that reminds me. You've met my other half. Who wasn't a boardsie at the time so it was quite strange that he realised who you were.
    Yep, I did indeed. Haven't seen him around the BIC in a while.. is he still there?

oh man the urge to punch you is quite strong atm!

Yep, I did indeed. Haven't seen him around the BIC in a while.. is he still there?

Nope that fell through unfortunately.

EDIT: I find it a little unsettling that boardsies know me outside of boards without me knowing them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

EDIT: I find it a little unsettling that boardsies know me outside of boards without me knowing them. :D

Its weird isn't it?

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Its weird isn't it?

Absolutely!

I don't know anyone who doesn't know I know who they are. (?) I hope nobody knows me other than those I've met, but with a user name like mine its unlikely, nobody would ever guess sueme and Sue are one and the same. Nope.:o

Who knows you Takola and Big Mac, that you don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sueme wrote: »
    I don't know anyone who doesn't know I know who they are. (?) I hope nobody knows me other than those I've met, but with a user name like mine its unlikely, nobody would ever guess sueme and Sue are one and the same. Nope.:o

<trys to think if he knows anyone called sue in sligo>

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of people on here have met me and they didn't realise they had.I work in a fairly busy public place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of people on here have met me and they didn't realise they had.I work in a fairly busy public place.

You're not the ultra efficient aussie/kiwi with excellent customer service skills who works in homebase on the tills?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

bobcar61 wrote: »

Ditto. In fact the only other Sligo boardsie I know works with me, and I know from posts that there's a few others in the shops around us - dun dun duuuuuuuun!

:) Sueme - you're not alone in your paranoid fear - one of these days I'll snap and have a big online rant about my customers - guaranteed who ever it is will be a boardsie ^_^;;

• Advertisement

fozzle wrote: »
    Ditto. In fact the only other Sligo boardsie I know works with me, and I know from posts that there's a few others in the shops around us - dun dun duuuuuuuun!

:) Sueme - you're not alone in your paranoid fear - one of these days I'll snap and have a big online rant about my customers - guaranteed who ever it is will be a boardsie ^_^;;

Wouldn't it be dreadful to read something and realise it was you? :eek: So I'm saying nothing!

@ Culchie: Isn't she fab! I think she got an extra dose of the happy gene!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Wouldn't it be dreadful to read something and realise it was you? :eek: So I'm saying nothing!
    But darling, I'm wonderful! No-one would ever say anything bad! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

On topic. Is it just me or do ye ever wonder if someone you meet is someone from here?

Every time I see a skinny dude with glasses I assume he's one of this lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Xiney wrote: »

I always think long hair and a goatee. :D

None of which describes me.

don't forget the deathly pallor..

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Well I have red hair so I'm either very white or very burnt. There is no inbetween for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Xiney wrote: »
    I always think long hair and a goatee. :D

None of which describes me.
    Well I have red hair so I'm either very white or very burnt. There is no inbetween for me. :)

<checks self in mirror>

phew, thats not me

:cool:

although i do wear glasses, not nerdy ones though

Who knows you Takola and Big Mac, that you don't know?

Is this a trick question? If I knew that they knew me, then me knowing that they know would make it that that question doesn't apply to me, and if I don't know, then the fact that I don't know that they know would mean that I can't answer the question because I wouldn't be in the know:confused: Confused?/:confused::confused:

irish-stew wrote: »

although i do wear glasses, not nerdy ones though

Is there such a think as non nerdy glasses? These new styled ones that people wear with the big frames look like an expensive excuse for people to say that they're not nerdy imo. Some of them still look good though

Rimless, or semi frames glasses, now they're not nerdy (only cos I have them;))

To add wierdness to more wierdness, I know who you are Takola........................

• Advertisement

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Is this a trick question? If I knew that they knew me, then me knowing that they know would make it that that question doesn't apply to me, and if I don't know, then the fact that I don't know that they know would mean that I can't answer the question because I wouldn't be in the know:confused: Confused?/:confused::confused:

I thought you meant someone here had said they knew you in real life, but you didn't know them.

I'm getting dizzy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement