Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Everyone know....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Right the so Muffelator. Methinks you should use DA PAWAH and view deleted posts that we all my see said pictograph....... and phone number too agree she should be banned
    Ah ha. Me works in mysterious ways. I got rid of nanook as co mod so that only leaves me as the sole mod of the NW forum. Dub13 is the Cmod but I think he may have died about 7 years ago.

The powah is a mighty thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Look it Big...those kind of sentences don't confuse me,I'm not like Sue so your gonna have to try again:p

Ok then....... A rope rests on two platforms which are both inclined at an angle θ (which you are free to pick). The rope has uniform mass density, and its coeffciient of friction with the platforms is 1. The system has left-right symmetry. What is the largest possible fraction of the rope that does not touch the platforms? What angle θ allows this maximum value?

Or.....
    Observer O is located in an infinite space and is bombarded by particles coming from infinity and moving along straight lines in random directions. This "rain" of particles is isotropic in its directions. At large distance from the observer there is a region of scatterers S shown in red. The region contains many scatterers of the blue particles. The scatterers are not isotropic. However, their orientation is random. Can the observer O detect the presence of the region S in the space by simply observing the distribution of particles arriving at O from different directions?
    Note for you Bobcar: You may assume that the scatterers are "dilute", i.e. a particle is not scattered more than once.

Howzat! and..... That is all.

Almost forgot: Muwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

basquille wrote: »
    Why do you do this to me Brian - its mental torture you know :eek:

muffler wrote: »
    Ah ha. Me works in mysterious ways. I got rid of nanook as co mod so that only leaves me as the sole mod of the NW forum. Dub13 is the Cmod but I think he may have died about 7 years ago.

The powah is a mighty thing. :)

Anti competitive if ever i saw it..... Lets talk bribes.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Oh God Big_Mac...let me wake up tomorrow and read that and I'm sure I will understand it but at the moment it looks like double dutch(maybe because it 1:35 in the morning).
    I will read it when I get home from work at six tomorrow evening

• Advertisement

Oh God Big_Mac...let me wake up tomorrow and read that and I'm sure I will understand it but at the moment it looks like double dutch(maybe because it 1:35 in the morning).
    I will read it when I get home from work at six tomorrow evening

Ok, but i reserve the right to Muwhaha if you're still confused.....

I'll be waiting.............(mostly cos I want to Muwhaha):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Look it Big...those kind of sentences don't confuse me,I'm not like Sue so your gonna have to try again:p

:eek: How dare you

... ah fair enough really.

Ok then....... A rope rests on two platforms which are both inclined at an angle θ (which you are free to pick). The rope has uniform mass density, and its coeffciient of friction with the platforms is 1. The system has left-right symmetry. What is the largest possible fraction of the rope that does not touch the platforms? What angle θ allows this maximum value?

is the answer pie/8....

is the answer pie/8....

Fresh cream!

No no no CREME FRAICHE!

/I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

*prints off photos of all those daft enough to post and heads out into Sligo, stalker hat at a rakish angle*

;)

• Advertisement

is the answer pie/8....

..........Nope, but I do like sueme's idea of Creme Friache.... Stick it on some apple pie (gettit Pie)........mmmmmmmmm

So what was the answer then Big_Mac...I'm sure you don't even know yourself:cool:

I'm going to be in work this afternoon thinking to myself.."wonder if he/she is a boardsie"...its gonna annoy me:mad:

I have a feeling the Retail Park will be a hotbed of stalking and paranoia today!

Damn straight it will...think I'm going to pick up the phone and call in sick now.

Damn straight it will...think I'm going to pick up the phone and call in sick now.

Ah don't, what will all the people who need angle beading do then?!

Actually that could be our Sligo Boards password. "Excuse me, do you know where I could get some angle beading?" Random stranger: "Its me! Its MoonOverFlowingWater! How the hell are ya! Who are you?"

Might work, might work....

sueme wrote: »
    Ah don't, what will all the people who need angle beading do then?!

Actually that could be our Sligo Boards password. "Excuse me, do you know where I could get some angle beading?" Random stranger: "Its me! Its MoonOverFlowingWater! How the hell are ya! Who are you?"

Might work, might work....

Indeed,it might work your right,but do you realise how wierd you'd come accross .
    Have people stopped uploading photos so we can see who ye are.

So Sueme...Glasshouse this evening 6pm

So Sueme...Glasshouse this evening 6pm

No takers, so I won't bother organising a babysitter. Maybe another time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I hope none of you work in Halfords.....was served by possibly the slowest man in the world today, it took him about an hour to get to the till and then took forever to scan my items.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Wow an hour and forever...? I'm guessing you're posting from halfords? ^_^

Wow an hour and forever...? I'm guessing you're posting from halfords? ^_^

You guessed right.:D

• Advertisement

Did you get your new Argos catalogue today Val?

So what was the answer then Big_Mac...I'm sure you don't even know yourself:cool:

Now now. If I told you that, then you would be knowing the answers. In knowing this, I would know that you would know what I already know, and the fact that I know that you know what I know would make it so that I would no longer know something that you would not necessarily know.

/sorry if this has confused you sueme

Oh wait, almost forgot

Muwhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Whats that thing about giving somone enough rope?:rolleyes:

Did you get your new Argos catalogue today Val?

I did Mark:D Just making a list:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    I did Mark:D Just making a list:D

Mark eh? Homebase Eh? Anglebeading eh? Pie eh?

/Runs off to find stalker hat.

I asked a bloke in McDonalds yesterday if he was using WiFi. He was. Was it any of you lot?

Yours sincerely,
    Random stranger who accosts nerds in McDonalds.

I asked a bloke in McDonalds yesterday if he was using WiFi. He was. Was it any of you lot?

Yours sincerely,

Was it me by any chance?
    260_nerd_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Merged with does everyone know.

Hope you don't mind Sue, Didn't think it needed another thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yours sincerely,

god no, might actully have to order something from them then

:D

no sueme, i was far to busy working, might take a walk up that way later in the week, it seems to be where all the sligo boardies hang out, seems more likely us all meeting there than a sligo boards beers happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

profileweemee.aspx?id=13103913&dobackground=true

Me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement