Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoopid ads

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Just realized while reading this thread that i haven't actually watched proper T.V. in the last 4-5 months.

I miss the Lemsip max strength with the two guys in the office talking about the big merger.

IAN!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Neesa wrote: »
    Or Permanent TSB and their pinstripe-suit-wearing "gangster". WTF is that all about? Are they trying to subliminally tell us that bankers are gangsters? Dear deity, what else is new?

Thou shalt not disrespect Frank Vincent! The man is a legend.

Anyone notice in that McDonalds ad with the dad and the daughter in mackers during various years of their life, she grows older in each cut and ends around 22, yet the dad starts the ad aged around 33 and ends it....looking the exact same? :confused:

The Donegal Catch ones annoy me no end.

"My uncle was a man of the cloth!"

Hope that gobsh1te in particular drowns out there.....

Those bread ads with D`Unbelieveably sh1te comedian Jon Kenny or whoever. wtf are they about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

IronMan wrote: »
    Davina McCall and her hair dye. And her imaginary mum. Total muppet.

Have to say, I like her :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

the 'do you think you look like a posh student' one. that drives me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That Danone Actimel ad with the superheroes flying around inside some kid, supporting his natural defenses. ''Actimisation!" What a pile of cráp. You know the one I'm talking about. They play a really long version in the cinema. :mad:

Actually any ad with kids gets on my títs. Especially the Rice Krispies one, where four little gimps count how many snap, crackles and pops they can hear in their cereal. Muppets. They'd feel the back of my hand if they were my kids, I tell thee. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

As bad as some of the ads on rte are, i'd much prefer to be watchin ads on rte than on any of the sky channels, uktv etc...More or less ALL ads are about mortgage consolidation, cheaper car insurance or personal injury claims.Anyone alse notice that??Bloody drives me mad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Definitely that Vie ad with the people singing the jingle out of tune. Gah!
    If you are going to have people singing in your ad for the love of jebidiah springfield do it properly!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

IronMan wrote: »
    I hate the ads for Bulmers light, the one with some woman with a california style accent telling us about the number of calories, and how it is light by nature. I hate her accent, and I hate the drink.

Kenco coffee ads. Posh but stupid English toff goes to work in coffee plantation. Cannot believe that the same beans go into instant as roast. Friendly black man corrects him. Horrible stuff.

my friend, we park our cars in the same garage. i would legalise rape, torture and murder to deal with the people in those ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

That ad for a furniture sale(cant remember the company) on TV with the Nickelback Rockstar song and a bunch of freaks and an old woman miming wearing sunglasses in front of couches.

What a cringe-worthy bag of shlt.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Ishmael wrote: »
    Just realized while reading this thread that i haven't actually watched proper T.V. in the last 4-5 months.

I miss the Lemsip max strength with the two guys in the office talking about the big merger.

IAN!!

Well pal, with you not around the merger was going to go down the pan, wasn't it? This sorts the men from the boys.

Two of the greatest cock monkeys to ever grace an ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

dodgyme wrote: »
    good ad

Oxymoron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I like the donegal catch ones.

"Whats your book about?"
    "Its about 500 pages."

The halifax ones where they rip off a new song ever week. And the one where he takes the fish for a walk, and it starts to talk. Its just grrrrr!

I really hate the cadbury's ad with "Dont stop me now". Btw, is "Dont stop me now" one of the most common advert songs around? It was on eircom, then cadburys and I am sure it was on something else aswell.

In a recent survey, a ridiculous percentage of british children said when asked that Winston Churchill is a dog that sells car insurance. While this fact is funny, the ads are not.

Most of the guinness ads are sh1te. They had 2 good ones which was the famous 90's one with the guy dancing, and the evolution one. The ones with no dialogue that are in black and white just annoy me.

Also, the ones with dogs with bad breath so you buy him minty chews. Although for me its the premise that annoys me more than the ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I hate all car ads. Especially the ones that play Lenny Kravitz...

kowloon wrote: »
    If the taste of piss hadn't put you off it first :pac:.

HEY HEY! A cold pint of Bud aint that bad. I like my German stuff more though :)

Credit to Bulmers for that ad with Galway Girl, that actually made me want a Bulmers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That fecking Paint runner ad! It annoys the sh1te out of me. Its on every five minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

What's the deal with those "Conserve Water" ads? I saw something about them on the news but there was no sound. Something about them being dangerous for blind people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It seems that most children's ads involve them leaving the room and then various things come alive and get up to all sorts of shenannigans before the kid comes back.

It's kinda creepy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

They just don't make them like they used to "Who's taking the horse to France?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Hrududu wrote: »
    They just don't make them like they used to "Who's taking the horse to France?"

that horse has come back to ireland and is now appearing in the new galway races ad on radio. I think its a guinness tent advert for galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I hate all the probiotic/vitamin ads, usually some posh mum talking about how actimel protects her little Fiachra from the lethal effects of rain when hes out playing the rugger or some pretentious arsecandle who works in the IFSC talking about having the will to win.

Also any ad that furthers the GAAs claim to Irishness, GAA heroes $hit.

Advertisement