Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodstown Beach (tides query)

Options
  • 24-07-2008 2:40pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what way the tides are in woodstown this week?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

irishtimes.com have a tide page showing tides for the major area's nationally, it won't give exactly woodstown, but from nearby area's like waterford bridge, you will get a good idea of when high and low tides are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Good for what ails ya.
    Select your port and how long you want the prediction for.

Bear in mind Woodstown is a bit of an odd one, the tide can come in around you if you wander out (not sure on that personally but I have been warned).

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks guys, as it turned out, the tide was on the way out so I brought the kids to tramore. Water was'nt too bad at all mind you the breeze out there was fairly strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

lol always found that funny even in the middle of "summer" people still need a wind breaker for tramore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Waterford County...

Topic Moved..

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully, why do you always have to do everything to the tee, I put this in the city thread for one reason and one reason only, it get visited far more often than the county thread and I was looking for a quick responce.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Sully, why do you always have to do everything to the tee, I put this in the city thread for one reason and one reason only, it get visited far more often than the county thread and I was looking for a quick responce.

Its a County topic, which belongs in the County forum. Its not related to Waterford City and if we left all county topics be posted in the city forum then it would be a mess and this forum would be far less visited as it would serve no purpose. An admin has already decided that the forums remain in existence, and not be just one - therefore, ill do my best to keep topics to the appropriate forums. Don't look at me if you disagree with the forums existence - not my call.

If you want to debate this further, please send me a PM. Thanks for understanding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Roen wrote: »
    Good for what ails ya.
    Select your port and how long you want the prediction for.

Bear in mind Woodstown is a bit of an odd one, the tide can come in around you if you wander out (not sure on that personally but I have been warned).
    This is quite true. There's a sand bar running out from the beach - runs under the posts by the caravan park out and then along the beach in the Dumore direction. There's oysters being farmed on it - funny at low tide to watch the tractors drive out along it. And yes, they have gotten stranded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

magicseaweed.com does most of the coastal beaches and gives an extremely accurate evaluation on the current condition of beaches around ireland. It will give you everything from swell heights to wind speed to wave height etc...

Hope it helps :)

Oh and it is a county topic, there are no beaches in waterford city last time i checked :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement