Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis (PC) gameplay q

Options
  • 24-07-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Started playing Crysis a few days ago. Seem to be spending all my time shooting a soldier, cloaking while his mates all run to where I shot from and moving somewhere else, pick off another one or two from there and repeat.

I feel like I'm missing something. I thought you could do things like jumping on a building and punch through the roof, or pick up enemies and throw them. Can you? And if so, how?

(also, I'm fairly early on, so no spoilers please, or at leas tag them)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah you need to enable the maximum strength ability on your nano suit to to be able to jump up onto the huts and then the same ability you can punch through the roof of them.

Same ability again to pick up soliders. You just need to be close to the enemy soliders and use the pick up key on them to grab them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Did you try swapping out of the suit's stealth mode?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I found the easiest way to play the game was to stealth around and cause a distraction in one spot where upon I'd lob a grenade or 2 into the area where the 10 odd soldiers gather to investigate :)

Didn't do any of this shooting tyres of jeeps and grabbing them as they flip into the air that the trailers promised me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah you need to enable the maximum strength ability on your nano suit to to be able to jump up onto the huts and then the same ability you can punch through the roof of them.
    Thought I'd tried that. Does that apply to all buildings?
    Maybe I'd switched out of strength mode after I jump onto the roof, I'll try it again tonight.
    Same ability again to pick up soliders. You just need to be close to the enemy soliders and use the pick up key on them to grab them.
    Zillah wrote: »
    Did you try swapping out of the suit's stealth mode?

Yeah, I was in strength mode, didn't cop on that I needed to use the pick-up on enemies - was trying alternate fire with my fists :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

my best tactic was stealth, strength grab and throw one soldier at another soldier, then speed, run away, recharge, repeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. Most of the mission, I was cloaking. Creeping past at least 50 soldiers (counted whilst recharging) in cloak is the only way to go. That, and uncloaked in the open would mean the choppers would shoot at you from afar... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

What level do you have your physics on?

i think if its on low houses and such dont break

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

MOH wrote: »
    Started playing Crysis a few days ago. Seem to be spending all my time shooting a soldier, cloaking while his mates all run to where I shot from and moving somewhere else, pick off another one or two from there and repeat.

I feel like I'm missing something. I thought you could do things like jumping on a building and punch through the roof, or pick up enemies and throw them. Can you? And if so, how?

(also, I'm fairly early on, so no spoilers please, or at leas tag them)

Crysis is an amazing game, But to really enjoy the potential of the game, you would want to have great specs on your computer.

The suits functions can get you out of dangerous situations, and you have to balance the use of it when under heavy attack. I would suggest playing the game on the hardest difficulty, some people argue that the AI isn't great, i didn't have a problem with the enemy's? They kept me on my feet! And i was happy to pick them up and throw them threw walls. Yes you can punch through roofs to get at enemy's, brilliant way to ambush a lone guard.

Spunge wrote: »

That could be it. Presume that's in the Advanced settings?
    I've got everything on low. Tried again last night, and while I can now grab soldiers, I definitely can't punch through any roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you need to turn on strength mode, your guys suit should glow red when you have it enabled.

You can grab people regardless of strength mode being on, the only difference is the distance you can throw them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

The only fault i had with the game is that it takes roughly a 20 bullets to take down one soldier this really wrecked the fun out of my ambushes as once u started engaging unless you managed to get quick headshots you'd be left in a extremely difficult gun fight to win =/

Also a knife would of made the game perfect!

Spunge wrote: »

That was it, ta. Switch the physics up to Medium and it's working now.

Advertisement