Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill problem

Options
  • 24-07-2008 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Im not totally sure if im in the right place so i apologise in advance if im wrong here

Ok the thing is, at the moment i am switching service provider and just go my new modem and stuff today, so rang the old service provider (eircom) and told them i wanted to disconnect and all the usual stuff

no problem except for one thing

they said they dont have a record of me paying for the actual modem itself, i am 90% sure i paid for it, but i dont have the bill to prove it seen as this was over 2.5 years ago so they say i must have everything back within 7 working days or pay a 100 euro fine.

i dont have everything they sent me when i bought the box and got connected for the first time cause i moved house and things got lost in the move

i still have the parts i used alright, but i know i am missing certain wires

my question really, is is there any way for me to get a copy of my bills sent to me from say March 2004 onwards or something like that? i am sure i paid for the box not just the connection and although i dont mind sending the modem back i dont want to get lumbered with a fine for no reason!

- apologies again and please move if in wrong place mods!

thanks

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

kryogen wrote: »
    Im not totally sure if im in the right place so i apologise in advance if im wrong here

Ok the thing is, at the moment i am switching service provider and just go my new modem and stuff today, so rang the old service provider (eircom) and told them i wanted to disconnect and all the usual stuff

no problem except for one thing

they said they dont have a record of me paying for the actual modem itself, i am 90% sure i paid for it, but i dont have the bill to prove it seen as this was over 2.5 years ago so they say i must have everything back within 7 working days or pay a 100 euro fine.

i dont have everything they sent me when i bought the box and got connected for the first time cause i moved house and things got lost in the move

i still have the parts i used alright, but i know i am missing certain wires

my question really, is is there any way for me to get a copy of my bills sent to me from say March 2004 onwards or something like that? i am sure i paid for the box not just the connection and although i dont mind sending the modem back i dont want to get lumbered with a fine for no reason!

- apologies again and please move if in wrong place mods!

thanks

B

how did u pay for it? Via post office , bank , credit card etc?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Send the modem back anyways - they can easy replace the missing wires. All they would have provided would be a telephone lead and an ethernet cable. Make sure and get a certificate of posting.

If you have further worries about this 'fine' then I would write to them - yes I know it is old fashioned but it is the best way because it puts a formal record on things.

State that you have been told that you now have to pay for a modem and that you have no recall that there was a charge for it in the first place - it is a long time since any isp charged for the modem. Ask them for the terms and conditions that were in place when you signed up - emphasise that it is when you signed up and not those in force now.

Did you ever get a replacement modem from them or anything?

Advertisement