Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunny to the rescue!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Animals can be very caring but I suspect self preservation was uppermost in this bunny's mind.

My dobies always drop any play acting they might be up to when they see me wading across a shallow stream during their walks. They guide me across and as soon as I am safely across off they go again - cute little dobies. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

It did occur to me after reading it that given he had waited 45 minutes before waking them up his thoughts were probably more "Oh for Heaven's sake, when are you going to get up and let me out??" rather than "Quick humans! I must protect you!" :D

Still, it's nice to have a story where an animal is a hero rather than a victim for a change :)

So sweet that your dobies see themselves as your guardians!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dilly wrote: »
    It did occur to me after reading it that given he had waited 45 minutes before waking them up ...!

I can't understand how the owner was only 30 minutes home from work when the rabbit woke him yet they say the rabbit survived 45 minutes of heat and smoke. Was the place aflame when the owner came home and calmly went to bed in the middle of it all?
    Its' a bit of a nonsense story really! I don't imagine for one second there was any heroic or altruistic intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

I can't understand how the owner was only 30 minutes home from work when the rabbit woke him yet they say the rabbit survived 45 minutes of heat and smoke. Was the place aflame when the owner came home and calmly went to bed in the middle of it all?
    Its' a bit of a nonsense story really! I don't imagine for one second there was any heroic or altruistic intent.

Boo, hiss!! Let the little bunny have his 15 minutes of fame - they don't usually get attributed with much more than chewed skirting boards and telephone cables! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

My bunnies would never do that lol! He was probably trying to get out and scratched the wrong door! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

He was probably trying to get out and scratched the wrong door! :D

Sounds like the intelligence level of a rabbit alright! :D

Advertisement