Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 Northbound camera?

Options
  • 24-07-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭

I was driving northbound on the M50 yesterday and suddenly came upon the dreaded lines on the road. Is that camera in operation? (Ballymount i think). I couldnt see it in my rearview mirror and everyone in front of me was driving well over 60.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That camera at Tallaght is gone, it's just a pole at the side of the road now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nope , was torn out month or so back. lines still there to scare ya :D BOO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

If it's the one just after Tallaght northbound then no, it's gone but the lines are still there.

Its kind of dangerous at the moment because you have the people that know it's gone flying along nearly rear ending the people who don't as they slam on trying to slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭omega man

Thanks guys, thats cheered me up no end :D Agree Fletch its dangerous. I was about to jam on the breaks only for i had a quick look back to see a truck right up my ass. Any reason its gone as its still 60 is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Someone vandalised it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The one at the end of the M50 (Airport) Northbound is pretty dangerous as well , the odd person will slam the brakes because of the 60k Safety camera my arse, A joke the road had such cameras to begin with.

However never seen that one flash. Although its Radar Source is Live * confirmed * ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

omega man wrote: »
    Thanks guys, thats cheered me up no end :D Agree Fletch its dangerous.

Without meaning to start a row but a pole at the side of the road with lines is not dangerous.

People not obeying speed limets, not being aware enough to notice the big box isnt there on top of the camera and slamming on brakes well inside the reduced speed zone when they see lines on the road. That is dangerous.

The one at the end of the M50 (Airport) Northbound is pretty dangerous as well , the odd person will slam the brakes because of the 60k Safety camera my arse, A joke the road had such cameras to begin with.

Yes, nothing to do with safety at all, what with road workers woking 10 feet away in lanes only protected by cones. It's a work area and has been for ages. The reduced speed limits are there for a number of reasons, most of which have been discussed at length here over the past couple of years. As above "the odd person" that slams on their brakes is the danger here.

Think someone needs to dig up the story from last year about the civic that took off after running up the barrier and ended up a few hundred yards down the road. I'm guessign if it had landed on some lads laying the new road people might not have such a problm with the reduced speed limits.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Without meaning to start a row but a pole at the side of the road with lines is not dangerous.

People not obeying speed limets, not being aware enough to notice the big box isnt there on top of the camera and slamming on brakes well inside the reduced speed zone when they see lines on the road. That is dangerous.

Yes, nothing to do with safety at all, what with road workers woking 10 feet away in lanes only protected by cones. It's a work area and has been for ages. The reduced speed limits are there for a number of reasons, most of which have been discussed at length here over the past couple of years. As above "the odd person" that slams on their brakes is the danger here.

Think someone needs to dig up the story from last year about the civic that took off after running up the barrier and ended up a few hundred yards down the road. I'm guessign if it had landed on some lads laying the new road people might not have such a problm with the reduced speed limits.

Your missing my point. That cameras has been there years before the roadworks, what did it have to do for safety then, F**K all as usual. Its actually an issue of non safety now because of potential pile ups. I've seen one such aftermath.

Anyone who know the area knows its a dummy box and theres trees blocking the lens anyway, but that ain't gonna stop a pile up!!!

I see the odd person obey the 60k limit on the M50 but their as rare as hens teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

I'd say one out of every hundred drivers on the M50 obey the 60kph limit,ive even had drivers flash me whilst in the slow lane doing 60 and obeying the rules.Personally i think it should be 80kph but rules are rules and i drive for a living

• Advertisement

True but it's a fact of life that people will speed. Whoever is responsible should have removed the white lines at the same time as removing the camera. It is a hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

gixerfixer wrote: »
    I'd say one out of every hundred drivers on the M50 obey the 60kph limit,ive even had drivers flash me whilst in the slow lane doing 60 and obeying the rules.Personally i think it should be 80kph but rules are rules and i drive for a living

ehh I'd say one in every 500 obeys that 60kph limit.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

fletch wrote: »
    It is a hazard.
    It's only a hazard becasue you are speeding and may slam the breaks on. If you were obeying the speed limit would it be a hazard? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Your missing my point. That cameras has been there years before the roadworks, what did it have to do for safety then, F**K all as usual. Its actually an issue of non safety now because of potential pile ups. I've seen one such aftermath.

Anyone who know the area knows its a dummy box and theres trees blocking the lens anyway, but that ain't gonna stop a pile up!!!

I see the odd person obey the 60k limit on the M50 but their as rare as hens teeth.

It is not there years, it was put in after the road works startedd iirc, certainly not long before . Do you actually know which camera we are talking about? The one just after the Tallaght on ramp. It is well out away from the trees and has a clear view of the road. Plus I've seeen plenty of people get flashed by it when it first went up.

It is not there years, it was put in after the road works startedd iirc, certainly not long before . Do you actually know which camera we are talking about? The one just after the Tallaght on ramp. It is well out away from the trees and has a clear view of the road. Plus I've seeen plenty of people get flashed by it when it first went up.

Actually i was referring to one at the end of the M50 (Which doesn't flash) if you'd care to read my post. & i know how long they've been there. And as for the one at tallaght while it may flash it a) Might have no film b) Run out of film

However never seen that one flash. Although its Radar Source is Live * confirmed * ;)

Advertisement