Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little dog found

Options
  • 24-07-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine found a small dog on Tuesday that was lost and hanging around where she worked all day.

It is a small dog that looks to be a West Highland Terrier, and is very friendly and housetrained.

My friend has already reported it to the Limerick Animal Welfare centre and has put fliers up about it. It has not been checked for a chip yet, but that will be the next step.

So I am popping a pic up in the Limerick city forum and the pets forum.

If this is your dog or you think you know the owner, please send me a pm. My friend will want proof of ownership though as she will not just hand out the dog without it to prevent someone just pretending it is their dog.

[IMG][/img]Puppy.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Post up on the Animal & Pet Issues Forum as well

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Lovely little thing!
    If its not claimed and the finder cant keep id give it a good home for sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There is a home already lined up for the little fella if no owner gets found, but every effort is being made to try and find the original owner.

The Animal welfare in Limerick have already given a price for getting him his booster shots etc should the original owner not get found and he ends up with a new owner.

He has really made himself at home in my friend's house and is a real well trained housedog who is very used to company and is really friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lovely looking dog, he looks to be in good health and well looked after which would tell me that he is someone's beloved pet.

There is a pets missing/found section on the Limerich Post these days so it might be worth posting a photo up there as the newspaper does get good circulation around the city and county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

does he look as if he has been to a dog groomers, if so you could ring local dog groomer they might know the dog. just a thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

He's a lovely Dog, i'd miss him if he was mine. Sorry if it sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but would it be worth mentioning on Limerick 95 Fm??

My friend has already had the details with 95FM since she found him, and it will be in the paper next week as she missed the cut off time this week.

She did bath and clean him on Tuesday night as he was fairly grubby, so that is why he looks as clean as he does.

Ok, Dog has a new home, and will be getting his shots etc done later this week.

There was no replies to the radio ads, nor to the flyers and post office ads.

He is going to a home that really wants him though, as the person who is taking him is a friend of my friend and an animal lover who will spoil him rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Kess73 wrote: »
    Ok, Dog has a new home, and will be getting his shots etc done later this week.

There was no replies to the radio ads, nor to the flyers and post office ads.

He is going to a home that really wants him though, as the person who is taking him is a friend of my friend and an animal lover who will spoil him rotten.

To to know it worked out well.

Advertisement