Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

errrrrrrrrrrrr

• 24-07-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all. dont no if im in the right forum for this but here is my question. Ive just bought a new laptop with windows vista. i have downloaded channel 4 on demand and am trying to watch shameless and no matter what i do the programme wont play. you can hear the voices and sumtimes a add will play but thats it. Has this happened to anyone else or am i just doing something wrong, its doing my head in. PPPPPLLLLLSSSSSSSS help a sad shameless fan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What format are you downloading in? Realplayer or Windows media?
    What application are you using to watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭diamondp

window media. keep saying i need flash player 9 but its on the computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This would probably get a better response in the window forum. And op, do you have windows web player installed?

unfortunately i dont no. im not that up on computers (it would never show :D) never even heard of a web player. how would i get it.
    will try the window forum thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from Laptops forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

downloaded it but still no luck. can watch series 5 but thats all. cant understand what im doing wrong. thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you operating the laptop at high performance or power saver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

User Access Control may be blocking the content. Open the control panel, then open the user accounts and family safety applet, then open user accounts and on the bottom you'll see the link to turn off User Access Control.

Here's a link with screen-shots so you won't get lost.

Windows Media player 11 as linked above is already a component of Vista, it's unlikely that's causing it. Assuming you have enough bandwidth on the internet, and the player is properly configured it should be fine.

One question though, I had thought that the content from all the UK TV sites was not available to users outside the UK. Are you sure the content you are trying to watch is available to Ireland?

Cheerio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

hshortt wrote: »
    One question though, I had thought that the content from all the UK TV sites was not available to users outside the UK. Are you sure the content you are trying to watch is available to Ireland?

Cheerio
    Content definitely works in Ireland for 4oD(i use it a bit...)

It did stop working for me for a while when i downloaded & installed IE8 beta, but when i rolled back to IE7 it worked fine... Except a lot of times when i download a show to watch later it won't play at all, so i just stream instead...

• Advertisement
Advertisement