Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 26th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I am!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Me too! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I'm there once my arse holds out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sounds dodgy Peadar, I won't ask for more details.

Most definitely count me in, haven't been out in a while and the Sean Kelly looms.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm in, would be on for a long one.

• Advertisement

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sounds dodgy Peadar, I won't ask for more details.

You mean you haven't been following the narrative on my ass on the forum??
    And I thought people around here were a caring bunch...

:D

Must have missed that one, hope your ok for saturday anyway!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Provisionally in, but can we make it 9 instead of 10? Also how about this for a route?

I dont mind an earlier time. Looks like a good route, but I may be in the mood for something longer. This will probably change at 8 am on saturday morning :)

9am is good for me. We could extend that route to take in the Wicklow Gap from the easy side, and then head back up Lugalla?

131km

107km easier option

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    9am is good for me. We could extend that route to take in the Wicklow Gap from the easy side, and then head back up Lugalla?

Easy side? Wicklow Gap? eh?
    I don't mind 9 am myself - But ... I might not be doing the full 500k you are planing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Times changed... I don't like bohernabreena, but will go that way for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

will try my best to make it, will have to drive to Dundrum - where do u meet there ?

just saw link above, so thats underneath the bridge or close to it right ?

just saw link above, so thats underneath the bridge or close to it right ?

Underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

im 80% sure im in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

I want to but I am scared I wont make it, Have been doing as much cycling as I can but not fit enough I dont think. I also dont want to go if I cant complete it.

Buachaill, there is always a big range of ability and everyone does a different distance, you can turn off at any time. Come along, from the sounds of your commuting you will be more than up to it.

my commuting has stopped the last week or so as i need my vehicle for carrying stuff etc so have prob lost what endurance I had, havent been on the bike in a week

rusty I am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

ah you'll be fine. as blorg says you can turn off at any point and there is a vast range of abilities on the spins

• Advertisement

yeah but i dont know whats good for me, if i start i will want to finish and then wont be able to walk for a month ha ha

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    yeah but i dont know whats good for me, if i start i will want to finish and then wont be able to walk for a month ha ha

Can't beat that good pain - it's constructive!

wont help my golfing on sunday though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

wont help my golfing on sunday though

It's my first boards spin, so I have no illusions about achieving the multi-marathon distance this crowd seem to eat for breakfast.

Come along and see how far us newbies get and we can head back when blorg and Raam & Co are still doing their 65km warm-up:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Leggy Blonde

my commuting has stopped the last week or so as i need my vehicle for carrying stuff etc so have prob lost what endurance I had, havent been on the bike in a week

rusty I am

im gonna kick your ass!!

im gonna kick your ass!!

oh kinky
    that a promise

be my first spin too, a flat 60K is all ive done so far, will also be conserving myself for golf Sunday !

ok so dont think i have anymore excuses, I am in so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Im in

Only got 3hours tomorrow. should be enough to cover a 65km+ spin. Got a new bike through the door this morning so it'll be a great way to break it in plus my crash bruises are starting to fade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

blorg wrote: »

131km

107km easier option

I might turn off and do the shorter one in that case. Want to be home by lunchtime. However, do you fancy doing that road between Bohernabreena and the Sally Gap - Kilbride Road. Apparently it's a continuation of the Bohernabreena climb. Our club Hill Climb TT went up that way and I want to try it out.

Advertisement