Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 26th July

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Here's a few of them

Edit: Just realised they're all sideways...unfortunately I don't have the techno skills to figure out what I did wrong!

And the rest...

Apologies for the poor quality - as mentioned they were taken on my phone, mostly at the top of climbs I'd attacked stupidly like they'd just insulted my mother so my hands weren't exactly steady. Last few were taken at the top of joust while I had a natter with some motorcyclist while waiting for you bums to finish your teaparty :P

Edit: A big thanks to you as well Blorg for that cereal bar on the way home...felt like falling off the bike at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Had a great time, really enjoyable getting out with a big group. Also thanks to (insert name...I'm sorry!) for showing us the route up to the view of the boy scouts' lake...nice route and excellent scenery! I'll try and get the photos I took on my phone up later this afternoon.
    That was emty.

blorg wrote: »
    That was emty.

Thanks Blorg, please don't take offence - I really am awful with names...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I took my first spin in 5 years yesterday, up ballinascroney, up an unknown name of a climb on to military road from there - that climb seemed easier when I was fit! on up sally and Luggalah (sp), down to Avoca.

Dead chuffed so I was.

• Advertisement

Thanks Blorg, please don't take offence - I really am awful with names...
    Oh I'm the same, half of the lads I know by their screen names, half by their real names, others not too sure at all! And then there is of course BananaPants who is in a category all by himself.

uberwolf wrote: »
    I took my first spin in 5 years yesterday, up ballinascroney, up an unknown name of a climb on to military road from there - that climb seemed easier when I was fit! on up sally and Luggalah (sp), down to Avoca.

Dead chuffed so I was.
    That's a fair distance if you haven't been on a bike in 5 years! You should come out with us some weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Oh I'm the same, half of the lads I know by their screen names, half by their real names, others not too sure at all! And then there is of course BananaPants who is in a category all by himself.

I was talking to Banana Pants earlier. Yesterday, he passed us at around 11:00 on our way to Sallygap.

His saturday spin was 260.12km with 5563m of climbing and 22 Bananas.

... Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Here's a few of them

Edit: Just realised they're all sideways...unfortunately I don't have the techno skills to figure out what I did wrong!

Ow, my neck!

Thanks for the photos peadar, I seem to be deep in thought there, possibly about cycling.

On a side note, I burnt the crap out of my arms. Wearing that canterbury top and gloves though, I only burnt my forearms. my arms go white-red-white now, like one of these: My arms

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Hello folks, was a good day out, wasn't expecting to be out that long. will be there again next week. Hopefully with a non-squeaky back wheel and non-stingy sun cream. Probably bring a mate along.

Can the guy who went home with me via Bray make himself known....I think I sent you in the wrong direction around UCD.

• Advertisement

Hopefully with a non-squeaky back wheel and non-stingy sun cream.
    Thanks for sharing the sun cream :) it saved my arms from burning yesterday :)( they did get burnt today though )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Jesus I got absolutely friend today. Serious barber pole chic going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

( they did get burnt today though )

You burned today? man, I'd had to be fair skinned!

Tom, how's yer head? :)

You burned today? man, I'd had to be fair skinned!

Tom, how's yer head? :)

I was wearing a shorter sleeve jersey, I got burt on the 3 inches of white that was showing on my arms.

Poor Tom looked very red all over his head and arms...

I was talking to Banana Pants earlier. Yesterday, he passed us at around 11:00 on our way to Sallygap.

His saturday spin was 260.12km with 5563m of climbing and 22 Bananas.

... Legend.
    What was the heart rate :D That is impressive going, reckon he will have no problem with this marathon in the Alps.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

yeah thanks for the spin and all the advice
    clocked 96K, didnt have it in me to spin around Dundrum to break 100 !
    will be other days

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ow, my neck!

Thanks for the photos peadar, I seem to be deep in thought there, possibly about cycling.

Sorry about that! Was feeling a bit out of it due to tiredness and blood loss yesterday...I'll spin them later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 RedTea

Hello folks, was a good day out, wasn't expecting to be out that long. will be there again next week. Hopefully with a non-squeaky back wheel and non-stingy sun cream. Probably bring a mate along.

Can the guy who went home with me via Bray make himself known....I think I sent you in the wrong direction around UCD.

Hi,

That was me...got home along the bumpy cycle lanes of the stillorgan dual carraigeway so no harm done. A longer day than originally planned but well worth it.

Apparently photos the right way round make for more enjoyable viewing...

And the rest

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Were did you guys get the boards.ie tops...?they look well.

@Dub13- that was arranged by TinyExplosions. There is a second order going through at the moment which is being handled by Penexpers. You are probably too late for that order at this stage but I'm sure there will be another one in a few months. You just need 9 other people who want a jersey if you want to get it for the low price (it's around €40.)

Actual production of the jerseys takes place in Portugal: www.fcarvalho-ciclismo.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

@Dub13- that was arranged by TinyExplosions. There is a second order going through at the moment which is being handled by Penexpers. You are probably too late for that order at this stage but I'm sure there will be another one in a few months. You just need 9 other people who want a jersey if you want to get it for the low price (it's around €40.)

Actual production of the jerseys takes place in Portugal: www.fcarvalho-ciclismo.com

Thanks,they look good.Does anybody have a close up pic....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

RedTea wrote: »
    Hi,

That was me...got home along the bumpy cycle lanes of the stillorgan dual carraigeway so no harm done. A longer day than originally planned but well worth it.

what distance did you clock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 RedTea

what distance did you clock?

113km from Harolds Cross and back.

Advertisement