Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice broadband new Ireland sponsor?

Options
  • 24-07-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Ice Broadband will be the new sponsor of the Ireland soccer team now that eircom have dropped out? Wasn't Fran Rooney FAI chief at some stage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Username!, no need to get personal with people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

From FAI to Ice, it all makes sense now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Eircom are only droping their sponsorship of the Eircom League - not the national team......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

how could ice broadband afford that?
    they dont have any customers do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They DO have customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

watty wrote: »
    They DO have customers.

What percentage of those are happy?;):p:rolleyes::(:mad::eek::cool::P:confused::D:pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

barnicles wrote: »
    What percentage of those are happy?;):p:rolleyes::(:mad::eek::cool::P:confused::D:pac:;)

About the same % as Ireland supporters that are happy with the FAI.:D:D

mickzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Hehe.

It's a bit mad, I can't see how the FAI would be dealing with relatively small outfits like that. Surely ICE can't match eircom in terms of sponsorship funding? I expect the FAI were pleading for sponsorship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Oh my god. The WORST broadband povider the planet has ever seen is the new sponsor. Obviously the FAI arent worried at all about who they are associated with.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114497&page=50
    Hehe.
    It's a bit mad, I can't see how the FAI would be dealing with relatively small outfits like that. Surely ICE can't match eircom in terms of sponsorship funding? I expect the FAI were pleading for sponsorship.

Knowing Ice they will promise the FAI the world but will never ever deliver anywhere near what they promise. If ICE promise €1 million then in a year they might give ICE a tenner.

John Delany Ringing Ice to ask where the sponsorhip money is.)
    JD: Ring ... ring ... ring
    ICE Broadband : Your call will be answered shortly......

5 hours later ......

10 hours later ......

JD : Dont think they are going to answer. click...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

watty wrote: »
    They DO have customers.

Maybe someone should tell Ice that :D

Advertisement