Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on this Please !!!

• 24-07-2008 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hiya,

Myself and 3 friends have just started "a band" Two guitarists and a drummer They've asked me to sing for them. I can sing pretty much any rock/pop/indie song but the lads arent interested in doing covers they want to do original stuff. I dont play any instruments so my sole purpose is to sing for them.

They are all sitting there jamming away and getting good riffs together etc. I meanwhile am standing there like a dick because

a) I dont have lyrics to sing
    b) I dont know what the fu*k I should be doin !

Should I just let them at it and come back to the jammin sessions when they have somethin for me to do ??? OR should I actually be doin something while these little sessions are goin on (like making up lyrics or something)

Its all well and good bein able to sing but I havent got anythin to sing so what to do ?

Any feedback on this or what people do with a singer when they dont have songs yet is welcome !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

Hiya,

Myself and 3 friends have just started "a band" Two guitarists and a drummer They've asked me to sing for them. I can sing pretty much any rock/pop/indie song but the lads arent interested in doing covers they want to do original stuff. I dont play any instruments so my sole purpose is to sing for them.

They are all sitting there jamming away and getting good riffs together etc. I meanwhile am standing there like a dick because

a) I dont have lyrics to sing
    b) I dont know what the fu*k I should be doin !

Should I just let them at it and come back to the jammin sessions when they have somethin for me to do ??? OR should I actually be doin something while these little sessions are goin on (like making up lyrics or something)

Its all well and good bein able to sing but I havent got anythin to sing so what to do ?

Any feedback on this or what people do with a singer when they dont have songs yet is welcome !!!

yeah its never easy to sing when there is no words why not tune into the melody they are playing hum along you might find a sound everyone likes if so now the hard bit if a topic is required try put the words in if not just wing it all having a go with the words something might show up its not easy at the best of times but good luck don't be put off if its **** the best of the best write **** we just don't get to hear it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You have to learn your trade too kiddo.
    If you have a mic, you will have to learn how to sing into it, how to get the highs and lows, the looks filled with mystique, the hatred for your guitarist etc. But its not just about stage craft. I have heard some fantastic singers that sounded crap cos they couldnt hold a mic.
    It is your responsibility to overcome your lack of words. You have to just start blaring away at any old words that come into your head until some fit.
    Keep hacking at it and get over those nerves!

Advertisement