Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every cop car in the town at Kilcohan?

• 24-07-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

There was a about three mins of sirens on the road at Kilcohan, couldn't see if they turned into St Herblain. Anyone got any info?

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Hmm, didn't hear anything myself. Did see a few guards outside the halting site down past Autoglass (haven't a clue what that area is called) while I was on the train at 6:30.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Adyx wrote: »
    Hmm, didn't hear anything myself. Did see a few guards outside the halting site down past Autoglass (haven't a clue what that area is called) while I was on the train at 6:30.

That would be the Bilberry halting site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Strange. I could'nt see as my house is away from the road but it was deffo Kilcohan road and not the Tramore road.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

The guards were definitely at Bilberry tonight. Passed them at 7.30 or so. They had a paddy wagon as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

mike65 wrote: »
    Strange. I could'nt see as my house is away from the road but it was deffo Kilcohan road and not the Tramore road.

Mike

Well I'm about half way between the two so maybe I just didn't hear them. I just saw one car with about four guards at Bilberry so it must have kicked off a bit later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Was passing the posh halting site earlier and it's still cordoned off with two cop cars inside the barrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Roen wrote: »
    Was passing the posh halting site earlier and it's still cordoned off with two cop cars inside the barrier.
    Posh?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dsignr25

A house went on fire in St Herblain yesterday. It was nothing to do with the travellers though it was an accident. Some eejit left a hair-straighteners or such plugged in and went to work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Roen wrote: »

Which is the posh knick knack site?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The only one closed of with barriers and guards inside it is the Williamstown one, so I assume thats what he is refering to.

Bilbery is being watched by two guards outside of it in a car - anyone entering or leaving gets stoped.

Kilbary Halting site opearting as normal.

Gardai out in force, stopping all cars entering Waterford from the Wexford direction (your stopped at the road to the port - only if your coming from Wexford).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Armed roadblock at the other side of the bridge too, and what looked like 4 undercover gardai waiting at the train station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I heard it through the grapevine that a member of one of the families involved hanged himself today because of what had been going on in the previous days. This has set things off again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Armed roadblock at the other side of the bridge too, and what looked like 4 undercover gardai waiting at the train station.

Dam right too,enough fellas from wexford around as it is,they'll have to implement some sort of green card system:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Dam right too,enough fellas from wexford around as it is,they'll have to implement some sort of green card system:pac:

Fecking wexicans!

The Williamstown one, W4, Millionaires row and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

A lot of pubs had their doors shut last night due to a travellers funeral. Most around Barrack Street and Ballybricken were closed off and out as far as the Mansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Is it true that all this comotion in waterford is over a 2 fighting traveler famalies? I heard some travelers cam down from the north for a fight, the purse 20k. The waterford traveler won by knowcking the outher guy out cold, then one of the northern lads chopped his arm off with a machete ?

Heard rumors of shotguns being fired in a car chase too !

Probably all bollocks though yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

every cop must be around the town today , 4 outside the cross bar all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anti, I suspect you've been listening to fishermans tales.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

mike65 wrote: »
    Anti, I suspect you've been listening to fishermans tales.

Mike

I thought as much. Friend from waterford rang me and said that, pinch of salt.... should have used a bag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

the arm+machete part is true, twas hanging on by a piece of skin so some friends in ardkeen tell me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭twinkle77

daftdave wrote: »
    the arm+machete part is true, twas hanging on by a piece of skin so some friends in ardkeen tell me.

yeah and........had an arm transplant but now he has 2 left arms and one of the other travellers is going to get done by the cops for supplying arms!!!:D sorry couldnt resist!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Superfluous

And as far as that hanging story goes, a stoke was hung in a van and beaten to death. Wonderin what the town is like this saturday night as the family is out in the pubs. I heard some of the pubs would be closed saturday night.

Advertisement