Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Benefits do Guards get when they join??

• 24-07-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I know this might sound weird but im just wondering what benefits guards get when they join???
    For example Health care?? Pension?? Allownces(Iknw its on the gra website)
    But im just looking for advice from someone in the force??

I was wondering what its like to be a guard???

Please leave a post and i would be very grateful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jacqui21

Audi2008 wrote: »
    I know this might sound weird but im just wondering what benefits guards get when they join???
    For example Health care?? Pension?? Allownces(Iknw its on the gra website)
    But im just looking for advice from someone in the force??

I was wondering what its like to be a guard???

Please leave a post and i would be very grateful

hi audi, go to this website http://www.gra.cc/services.shtml and it explains all the benefits. I am only starting in aug so ill let u know what its like after a few weeks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Audi2008

Hey thanx a mill for getting back to me.... Oh and Congrads on gettn threw fairplay!!!!

Was it hard doing all the stages wen you applied??? like the test then interview??? im sorry im not beingn nosey just curious about wat its actually like???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jacqui21

it wasnt hard. it was just long! :rolleyes: i applied in jan and had my aptitude test in feb. den i had my interview in april. den i found out i passed my interview 2 weeks later and was told to wait for a phone call for my medical. i had my medical in may and the pct in july. den after 1 week from doing the pct i found out i got in! :D

the apt test was fine. the interview is grand as long as you do your research on the garda and prepare yourself. you also have to do a report excerise at this also. medical is grand as long as you have a normal bmi and have good vision and hearing. the pct has to be done in 3 mins 20 secs. if you get under 3 mins you only hav to push 22.5kg in the push pull test and 25kg if you get over 3 mins.

if you hav any other questions. fire away!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Jacqui21 wrote: »
    the interview is grand as long as you do your research on the garda and prepare yourself.

if you get under 3 mins you only hav to push 22.5kg in the push pull test and 25kg if you get over 3 mins.

if you hav any other questions. fire away!

In what ways do you have to research it? What areas do you really need to get into your head?

Does that mean you're pushing and pulling for a certain time limit til you get to 25kg or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

houses, loads of feckin houses.