Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair infraction for kdouglas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tigger wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56672788&postcount=20

how does that deserve an infraction

this is deliberate bias because i dare to ask whether the iaa is in the hearts of the airsoft community

i'm told its because i'm modding

yet this guy who acually tells me to go to a different forum gets thanks from the same mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Q: Where was the "name calling", exactly?

And what is an infraction these days, one-ninth of a ban or something?
    Hardly worth a feedback thread I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

As per my reply to you in PM:
    kdouglas wrote:
    The posts between yourself and Lethal were bordering on starting an argument between the two of you on-thread, I handed out infractions to prevent this. The reason I thanked robster for pointing out the IAA had a forum was because that is where questions for the IAA committee should be placed, not on here where the core members of committee explicitly have a policy of not posting on.

I placed a warning on-thread that there will be some very heavy moderation in that thread due to the history of IAA-related threads on the forum, and I'm keeping with that heavy moderation because otherwise the thread will descend into chaos as they always do when it's about the IAA.

Dades wrote: »
    Q: Where was the "name calling", exactly?

And what is an infraction these days, one-ninth of a ban or something?
    Hardly worth a feedback thread I would have thought.

Yup, personally I've seen people get really offended by an infraction, to me it's the equivalent of being caught talking in school and the teacher saying Ssshh! rather than a ban/detention :)

Oh, and how exactly am I being Bias?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

back seat modding. perfectly justified infraction. report the post next time if you have a grievance with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

You should be infracted for opening a feeback thread about an infraction.

the reaon you have seen people get annoyed is that you are unfairly pulling rank

i don't deserve an infraction for backseat modding or if i do so did rob
    yet you thanked him and infracted me

blatant bias

making light of it proves my point

FruitLover wrote: »
    You should be infracted for opening a feeback thread about an infraction.

i likz feedbak so please make the catz big and funniez

25-1408505107m.jpg

actually, you're assuming robs post was directed at you, it was directed at anyone who had questions for the IAA, your own question was directed at both IAA members and non-members alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

You infracted him for that?

I have on several occasions told people not to be wanky towards me on a thread or whatever.

Is that really back seat modding? Is that really a post that deserves a warning??

In fairness, I don't know what an IAA or an airsoft is, so I might have missed someting profound i there.

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote: »
    actually, you're assuming robs post was directed at you, it was directed at anyone who had questions for the IAA, your own question was directed at both IAA members and non-members alike.

yes and it was also directed on boards as boardsies

stating that the place to discuss the iaa is the iaa is unhelpful it was back seat modding

also it started with oh yeay and wasn't helpful

you infracted whydave for not being helpful but you thanked rob

tallaght01 wrote: »

I have on several occasions told people not to be wanky towards me on a thread or whatever.

Is that really back seat modding? Is that really a post that deserves a warning??

In fairness, I don't know what an IAA or an airsoft is, so I might have missed someting profound i there.

As I said, ordinarily it wouldn't be an infraction, but given the history of the way IAA-related threads go on the Airsoft forum, I announced on-thread that there would be some very heavy moderation in place over that thread and as such I decided to give out infractions for stuff that I ordinarily would barely notice.

As I said on-thread, stuff that you'd ordinarily get away with is gonna be an infraction, stuff that would normally be an infraction will be a ban. (just for that thread, mind)

As I said, ordinarily it wouldn't be an infraction, but given the history of the way IAA-related threads go on the Airsoft forum, I announced on-thread that there would be some very heavy moderation in place over that thread and as such I decided to give out infractions for stuff that I ordinarily would barely notice.
    As I said on-thread, stuff that you'd ordinarily get away with is gonna be an infraction, stuff that would normally be an infraction will be a ban. (just for that thread, mind)

Just looks a bit lame. Especially if the guy here wasn't involved in the previous threads.
    I'd have said "heavily moderating" a thread still doesn't mean you have to infract people for that kinda thing!
    But it's nothing to do with me, I guess. I'm just passing through, stickin me nose in :pac:

so why then di rob not get an infraction for this
    The Master wrote: »
    Yipee another thread about the IAA.
    Haven't had one of these in a while.

If only the IAA site had its own forums where people could discuss IAA matters:rolleyes:

when whydave got one for this

unhelpful comment

because you are being biased

i started the thread
    i asked for it to stay on topic

you came up with this rule
    <mod hat on>
    As pointed out above, IAA threads are generally quick to turn into flame wars on here, anyone caught de-railing the topic, pushing a personal agenda or just generally being unhelpful in this thread will be banned instantly.

</mod hat off>

QUOTE]

and then you push yopur own agenda

how was robs post not off topic
    how was it not back set modding
    and why did you thank him
    bias

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Its hard to understand the mods chooses in this case unless you understand the iaa issue, but i can understand why a hard line was taken as any thread involving discussion of the iaa turns into a nightmare.

Just looks a bit lame. Especially if the guy here wasn't involved in the previous threads.
    I'd have said "heavily moderating" a thread still doesn't mean you have to infract people for that kinda thing!
    But it's nothing to do with me, I guess. I'm just passing through, stickin me nose in :pac:

well i have come to feedback because i feel that there is a bias against me in the airsoft forum

here is the last iaa thread i dared post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055326828&highlight=iaa

it was locked before it started

i flamed no-one
    i troll no where

yet i get an infraction

Puding wrote: »
    Its hard to understand the mods chooses in this case unless you understand the iaa issue, but i can understand why a hard line was taken as any thread involving discussion of the iaa turns into a nightmare.

so i should not ask the community what is on their minds

i toyed with the idea of putting a poll only (can you do that here?)

but i thought that the flames could be punished and would stop
    butt then i get infracted

nope its unfair thats what it is

well i have come to feedback because i feel that there is a bias against me in the airsoft forum

here is the last iaa thread i dared post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055326828&highlight=iaa

it was locked before it started

i flamed no-one
    i troll no where

yet i get an infraction

That thread has nothing to do with this? gandalf locked it because in the first 8 posts in the thread, no one posted anything relevant to the topic at hand and people started talking about tin foil hats? Had people started discussing your original subject matter in a mature and well mannered way, it would have been allowed to stay, so far, the current thread in the forum is staying reasonably well mannered and will stay open as long as it continues to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Airsoft forum is special.

it is the last thread i started on the iaa
    it was sabatauged

then locked

i don't flame and i don't back seat mod

rob did

you thanked him

you are biased and should admit as much

someone is agressive to me and i tell them there is no need to be 'gressive and i get infracted

someone else thread spoils and they get thanked

and as before gandalf sked that discussionson the iaa be on the iaa forum
    why because only iaa pepople would be there

same line as rob followed
    same line ye all follow no real discussion of the iaa is allowed or when it it tollerated ye act with bias

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    Airsoft forum is special.

yes its biased
    its run by people who also run the iaa and act like they own airsoft
    as long as one behaves and vdosent test them they may stay
    otherwisr they are called whingers
    moaners
    trolls
    and politicians

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK here is the relevant section from the charter.

"* If you have a problem with a post, use the "Report Bad Post" link (it's marked on the left side of each post with a symbol) to report it to the moderators. Do not take it on yourself to regulate the forum."

Now you can either follow the charter or not. If you can't stop posting.

My personal feeling on the IAA is you should direct all queries to them on their own forum. If you haven't got the balls to ask them directly then don't expect the mods or other members of the airsoft forum to put up with the drivel those threads normally generate. Thats why I closed that last thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

yes its biased
    its run by people who also run the iaa and act like they own airsoft
    as long as one behaves and vdosent test them they may stay
    otherwisr they are called whingers
    moaners
    trolls
    and politicians

Jesus you are some muppet. Ask anyone if I support the IAA in its current form and they will say NO.

All I see with you is a whinging **** who has done absolutely nothing for airsoft. Couldn't make the AGM, couldn't make the EGM and snipes from the sidelines. Get involved and shut up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

i don't flame and i don't back seat mod

rob did

I most certainly did not flame or back seat mod

gandalf wrote: »
    Jesus you are some muppet.

All I see with you is a whinging **** .

good effort on setting an example of how posters should conduct themselves, too, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

good effort on setting an example of how posters should conduct themselves, too, btw.

Boston wrote: »

That's different, though, coz I wouldn't have expected anything better from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Jaysus there's always trouble with any IAA thread, always, haven't seen one end civilly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

gandalf wrote: »
    Jesus you are some muppet. Ask anyone if I support the IAA in its current form and they will say NO.

All I see with you is a whinging **** who has done absolutely nothing for airsoft. Couldn't make the AGM, couldn't make the EGM and snipes from the sidelines. Get involved and shut up.

With respect, mod or not, that sort of speech directed at another user is not tolerated on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

/wonders if there are any primary teachers around with time on their hands to sort this one out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement