Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashlight woes

Options
  • 24-07-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Evening all

I've a bit of a problem with a flashlight I got from Ebaybanned (it's this one). I've put three new batteries in it and the switches don't do anything! I've to twist the back (the bit with the switch and socket for the cable switch thing) around for it to work but the switches don't do anything.

So does anyone else have one of these (I believe they were on ebay for a bit before Paul and Jesse^_^ had them for sale.), and have they had a similar problem that they fixed?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Just out of curiosity did anyone else buy one of these flashlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Did the flash light come with the normal push button end cap? just to test its not an issue with the light itself?, i have the same model light but waiting on the tail switch to be delivered as i brought that on it own, i;ve seen no feedback on the item on any forums i read so no idea if its a one off problem or a batch issue.

Puding wrote: »
    Did the flash light come with the normal push button end cap? just to test its not an issue with the light itself?, i have the same model light but waiting on the tail switch to be delivered as i brought that on it own, i;ve seen no feedback on the item on any forums i read so no idea if its a one off problem or a batch issue.

It came with the tail cap that has the push button and cable pressure switch.

The bulb works but I have to tighten the tail cap a crazy amount to get it to turn on, and even then the switches don't do anything.

I'm a bit surprised too about the lack of reviews or mentions of it anywhere.

On a side note Ebaybanned haven't got back to me yet. Normally they reply to me at the end of their day (morning here) but others mileage may differ.

Edit - Just tried a bit of wire running from the battery to the body of the flashlight and it works, connected the pressure switch into the circuit and it works (press for on release for off), then I put the end cap into the circuit and it don't work - I'm guessing something is loose or not connected inside it. So thats the end of that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I had a similar yoke break on me once, if its broken, you've nothing to lose, force it open and re-solder it, I did on mine, and it works.

It sounds like crap soldering or something like that.

Motosam wrote: »
    I had a similar yoke break on me once, if its broken, you've nothing to lose, force it open and re-solder it, I did on mine, and it works.

It sounds like crap soldering or something like that.

That's what I was thinking of doing if Paul and smiley boy (Jesse^_^) don't send a new one out to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Wait, yeah, do that first, I'm used to rubbish from dealextreme that isnt worth returning :D

Advertisement