Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Kelly 160km - Simulated route

Options
  • 24-07-2008 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so I was thinking that there is a month to go until the Sean Kelly and its great to get as many miles and climbs onto the legs possible.

I am pretty bad when it comes to plotting routes and it seems a few people here are handy with their GPS-es and mapmyrides and so forth.

So, I was wondering if anyone could recommend (or plot) a route that could be used maybe on one of the saturday spins as a Sean Kelly practice route, i.e. fairly rolling up until the last three, leg crushing climbs?

Something in the 120km range would be what I was thinking.

I'll have a go myself and post my amateurish, finger painting-style route later on. Perhaps a more seasoned navigator of magellan-caliber would care to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The 130km I suggested for Saturday might not be too far off that, rolling at the start with the climbs at the end although only the ascent up Lugalla is really steep- throwing Kippure into the mix might help, it's another 250m climb and quite steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'd say doing the Saturday spins are the way forward, there's usually a fair amount of climbing, and there's always someone (Blorg) willing to go further

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

blorg wrote: »
    The 130km I suggested for Saturday might not be too far off that, rolling at the start with the climbs at the end although only the ascent up Lugalla is really steep- throwing Kippure into the mix might help, it's another 250m climb and quite steep.

Sweet jebus - if thats comparable to the SK 160 - its the 100 for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

that's a good route and will be great training for SK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Is there any way to import that route into MapMyRides.com and/or Garmin software to have a look at the profiles and maybe import it onto an Edge 305 (in a few months when I'm ready for the mentalness of it)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Here you go:

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/ie/dublin/434783365

The route we did today was pretty good too, we replaced the flat bit at the start with a bit more climbing :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055341858&page=5

Advertisement