Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport check coming between GB & ROI?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

over 1mill people go back and to between uk and ireland most are pensioners over 60 half british they are going to see family. a lot like me have never had a passport and would have problem proving nationalty i believe its all about the british goverment trying to get money out of the british who still have to pay for passports . unlike the irish pensioners who get them free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭serfboard

From the Irish Times article quoted earlier:
    The need for stiffer identity checks between Northern Ireland and the rest of the United Kingdom is deemed inevitable by the British government since both it and the Irish Government accept that such controls along the Border are impractical

So, you're going to need a passport when travelling from one part of the UK to the other? I hope nobody tells the Scots or Welsh that :D

It makes the concept of a "United" Kingdom seem laughable.:rolleyes:

As a friend of mine, who was working in England at the time, said to his Northern Ireland Unionist colleague - "You might say you're British, and I might say I'm Irish, but over here, they think we're all the same".

Advertisement