Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your least Favourite pub in Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guys at this stage your hardly being original mentioning city centre bars and clubs as bad.

How about bars outside of the city centre's?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Whelans (when I'm ever dragged there) always does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

Mairt wrote: »
    Guys at this stage your hardly being original mentioning city centre bars and clubs as bad.

How about bars outside of the city centre's?.

does tramco count as outside the city centre? its also dire. but im definitely not being original pointing that one out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

The Belvedere opposite Barrys Hotel.

Poisonous booze (It’s easily the worst Guinness I’ve ever had in Ireland.
    ), idiot staff, terrible seats and the worse acoustics in any pub I’ve ever been in. It’s deafeningly loud even when it’s empty and if there’s a match on the televisions you’re treated to a barrage of feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

stovelid wrote: »
    Whelans (when I'm ever dragged there) always does my head in.

At this rate, every single pub will be hated by someone...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Mairt wrote: »
    He told me that before, but I drink there all the time and I've never seen him.

He's banned?.

Yeah, he is banned from AH until August sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Scraggs on Tullow st Carlow
    D2 on Harcourt St Dublin
    Tramcos Rathmines Dublin
    Fibbers on Parnell st Dublin
    Langtons Killkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

The matchmaker in Lisdoonvarna during the matchmaking festival. Stinks of fertiliser, cheap perfume, randiness and guinness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Worst - Sheaf O' Wheat in Coolock. Skangers.

Best - Kyle's next door to it. Locals. Great pints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I don't know why but I have a deep hate for Break For The Border and The Woolshed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Isn't that Graingers for the last few years now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

:Cork - The long island full of ****€ers and "beautiful people" and "DJ's" :rolleyes:

Maybe the fob and gill (aka the rob and kill)

Dublin- I went to the cinema in Santry and we went for a drink in the pub across the way innocently enough..... LOL:eek: the swiss cottage- People in tracksuitdssinging bad Karaoke on a sat night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Krsnik87 wrote: »
    "RedXIV
    Wax in dublin. Most unfriendly place in the world, 3 hours in there and only one person would talk to me. Place was full of pricks"

Used to love that place on wednesdays, went a little downhill with the croud it attracted changed. Haven't been there in months. Very reliable for great music though!

Can't really think of any pubs/clubs I don't like tbh... Once theres beer, some sort of music and a few mates a good night can be had.

Totally agree, used to funking awesome, now it's just a pretty good night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

+1.

Have you been to 'Purple Rain' yet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

fibbers.... bloody elitist metalers and any club frequented by next brand shirt wearing middle management types.

+1000000! was in there once (that was enough for me) all the young wans were drinking Buckfast and thinking they were like sooooooooo cool....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

buckieburd wrote: »
    +1000000! was in there once (that was enough for me) all the young wans were drinking Buckfast and thinking they were like sooooooooo cool....

Are u sayin' buckfast isn't cool, or burds?
    Cos both are pretty damning allegations there buckieburd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

buckieburd wrote: »
    all the young wans were drinking Buckfast and thinking they were like sooooooooo cool....

As good a review as I have ever heard. I will go there tonight to see the birds drinking the buckfast.... thanks you

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

Are u sayin' buckfast isn't cool, or burds?
    Cos both are pretty damning allegations there buckieburd.

Sh!te shot meself in the foot there!!! My user name is buckieburd because everyone assumes I drink buckie coz i'm scottish! Did briefly when I was younger but it's a rite of passage in Scotland..... ( :

Serioulsy though looking at D4 heads running around squealing and drinking buckfast was too much for me!!! Buckfast is only for people who plan to kick someone to death later on in the night (therefore why it is so popular at home!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

edenmore house, fibbers, rio's, bridge house (dolphins barn)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

4 Dame Lane
    Cocoon - What a shower of numpties!!
    Viper Room - Eastern European doormen are complete muppets
    all the bars in Temple Bar - because it's temple bar
    Halo in Galway! Saying they have a "door" policy when the place is full of whoja's!!
    Mercantile - useless bar staff (the one's i encountered on my numerous forced visits)
    Globe
    Hairy Lemon - has been the most expensive bar in Ireland since the early 90's!!And its manky dirty

I could go on, but there is one thing that stands out - after a good number of years working in bars I feel that foreign bar staff just don't get Irish drinkers and can't serve as well on a mental night as Irish - I stand to be corrected - by thats my opinion - also, there are an awful lot of sh^te Irish bar tenders out there.
    Remember you have to be able to deal with the public, not just the young ones with the low cut tops who leave their rack on the counter to get serve first!

• Advertisement

Places that I would rather spend a night in Mogadishu then are

Rio's -Two teeth broken there by some agro drunk for no reason (but I gave as good as I got)
    The Leopardstown inn- Naffest place ever. Palm trees indoors, a stupid water feature, tuxedo chairs and it's full of mums and dads being boring.

Places worthy of mention for brilliance
    The Barge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Steve_o wrote: »
    "Ten" in Waterford City, Sh*te Music, sh*te beer, ignorant bar staff and its full of scumbags!!!
    Closed down these days thank f*ck

Advertisement