Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade problem

Options
  • 24-07-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Well..I want to upgrade my STAR M4A1 with a Prometheus tight bore barrel,a Systema Magnum long motor and a Systema complete mech-box for M4A1's.The problem is the lowest power Systema Gearbox I can find on the site is an M120.Would it be possible to just not use the M120 spring but my original 1J spring????? I know the new gear box will make me unable to use the quick change spring thingy but that doesn't matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i can not see the point of replaceing the star gearbox is a great unit and come right on 1j out of the box with no issues, i know the star gearbox is sightly different to normal but this is manly at the back where the quick release spring access is, you could replace the spring in a systema gearbox but again i do not see the point, the attraction of the systema is there sealed units for high end pre tested

you should not have a problem with doing what you want to do, i know a star box can not go in a normal aeg but im confident a normal gearbox can go in a star body

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Moved to troubleshooting forum.

It's a bit of a grey area legally, so I dont really have an answer for you either way, however redwolfairsoft.com did up until recently have the systema gearbox with 1 Joule springs installed, they are listed as high speed ones if i remember rightly.

Also, no need for a magnum motor at 1 Joule, it's designed for stiffer springs, the systema turbo will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Puding wrote: »
    i can not see the point of replaceing the star gearbox is a great unit and come right on 1j out of the box with no issues, i know the star gearbox is sightly different to normal but this is manly at the back where the quick release spring access is, you could replace the spring in a systema gearbox but again i do not see the point, the attraction of the systema is there sealed units for high end pre tested

you should not have a problem with doing what you want to do, i know a star box can not go in a normal aeg but im confident a normal gearbox can go in a star body

Ye your right cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

kdouglas wrote: »
    Moved to troubleshooting forum.

It's a bit of a grey area legally, so I dont really have an answer for you either way, however redwolfairsoft.com did up until recently have the systema gearbox with 1 Joule springs installed, they are listed as high speed ones if i remember rightly.

Also, no need for a magnum motor at 1 Joule, it's designed for stiffer springs, the systema turbo will do the job.

Sorry for it being in the wrong place,I asked here just to clarify it wasnt or was illeagle and ill have a look at that on redwolf,must have missed it.Cheers.

Advertisement