Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

permit question

Options
  • 24-07-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hey all, this is a messy question so ill try explain it as best i can, i had a provisional car licence but had to hand it in when i passed my motorbike test, this was in early 06.

as i didnt own a car or have any intention of getting one i left it be until my mother bought me driving lessons for my 21st a few weeks back, i went and got the new learner permit and it arrived yesterday.

now, my intention is to get a full licence as quickly as possible and im fully aware if the 6 month rule, however my licence is dated as been valid from 17-06-06 till 21-07-10, does this mean i can apply for my test?? as the date of issue on the permit is 22-07-08??

any help would be most appreciated lads, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This new permit would then be considered your second "permit", so you can apply when ever you like. The 6 month rule only applies to first learner permits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 beano240

thanks for the quick reply, thats music to my ears. cheers lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just make sure the code 992 is on the permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Silimar type question I got my full A licence in May 05, so my provosinal B licence ran out in Dec 05. If I apply for a new permit will I have to do the theory test again?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Odysseus wrote: »
    Silimar type question I got my full A licence in May 05, so my provosinal B licence ran out in Dec 05. If I apply for a new permit will I have to do the theory test again?
    No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

No.

Cheers thanks for that. It would be a pain to arrange it again.

Advertisement