Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel Pop Out Reminder

Options
  • 24-07-2008 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi,

Just got a new diesel car and am paranoid that I'm going to put petrol in it sometime accidentally....I remember reading before about a springy gadget thing that sits around the feul cap and when you open the outside cap its pops out at you to remind you to put diesel in it.

Anyone ever heard of this or know where i'd get one.

Thanks,

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Not a springy one...but a talky one - http://www.dieselguard.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Smiegel

I like it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

This reminds me of the VW ad that had 'DIE' written on things!

OP the insane price on the machine shouldbe a remeinder for you, if its cheap, your at the wrong one!

If you cant find any of those pop out things them maybe you could make a wee sign/memo thing on the filler cap, so when you screw it off you see diesel written on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have you listened to the warning? I'd be a bit embarrassed standing in a petrol station with that thing going off, TBH.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They have stickers on all the hire cars.
    If you could make a contact there someone might give you a spare sticker.

• Advertisement

No I like the talking reminder but I'm wondering can you get it with flashing lights too :D

Actually I think this is what I was looking for

http://www.fuelrite.co.uk/

Thanks Dudes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most modern diesel cars have "Diesel Fuel Only" written on the inside of the filler cap.

Alternatively put this on the side of your car:

S604-1081_product.jpg

:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just think 'Black' when you enter a filling station. Pay attention to what your doing and you won't need any pop out device. Sometimes that's easier said than done, petrol drivers have a fail safe as a diesel pump nozzle will not fit into a petrol filler neck - but the opposite is not true.

You can have all the pop out and reminder devices you want, but once you become accustomed to them you will no longer pay attention to them and the risk of putting the wrong fuel in is still real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It would be very easy to design a filling system which would only work with the right car. Why has it not happened I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Just put Diesel in the friggin' thing, not that hard is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mickdw wrote: »
    It would be very easy to design a filling system which would only work with the right car. Why has it not happened I wonder?

Ford has such a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Neilw wrote: »

Damn you beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Savman wrote: »
    Just put Diesel in the friggin' thing, not that hard is it?
    captainobvious.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

hamster: does it come with a mallet

Brilliant. :D

True....I think ill just put diesel in it then ...this seems to be the most obvious and best solution....

Thanks for the tips guys

Advertisement