Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine rebuild in Dublin

Options
  • 24-07-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi,

I need to get get an engine rebuilt in the Dublin area, does anyone recommend a garage in the South / West Dublin, North Kildare, Meath area?

This engine was rebuilt roughly 1,500 miles ago, new valves, stems etc. The turbo has been reconditioned, but the engine is still using oil. I'm loathe to go back to the garage that did the original rebuild.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Speeds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

What kind of car / engine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Speeds wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to get get an engine rebuilt in the Dublin area, does anyone recommend a garage in the South / West Dublin, North Kildare, Meath area?

This engine was rebuilt roughly 1,500 miles ago, new valves, stems etc. The turbo has been reconditioned, but the engine is still using oil. I'm loathe to go back to the garage that did the original rebuild.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Speeds

I'd suggest that's exactly what you should do. Tell them about the problems and tell them fix it.

You shouldn't have to pay twice either.

Engines can use a bit of oil whilst running in too. Did you use "cheap" oil following the rebuild and change it again since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Speeds

It's a Suzuki Cappuccino, 657 cc, 3 cylinder engine.

I haven't done a full oil change yet, only top-ups with a 5w40 fully synth oil. I will do so & see if anything improves.

I think I need to steel myself to go back to the original shop.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Westward Engineering in Enfield Co. Meath might be a good bet, Martin Tracey is very good, he may be able to advise/help you out.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

When you say "rebuild" do you just mean a reconditioned cyl head, you do not mention anything in your post about the bottom end, i,e pistons, rings which can also be a major cause of oil burning. It may be worth while getting a comprssion test before you go stripping down the motor again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

the only person i'd trust to do this is dany in cappuccino sport in colchester (UK).
    i've used him for turbo work, and he is top notch.

oh, and you should be using 5W30 semi-synth oil...

Advertisement